Currently reading:
Wickes Halstead Heat 40 boiler problems/plumber problems

Discuss Wickes Halstead Heat 40 boiler problems/plumber problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

funky JJ

We have a heat 40 boiler in our rented house, which about 5 weeks ago started to shut itself off and not come back on.
This was just after we had it checked over for the year.

They came back to fix it, and ended up with the same problem. Since then, they have changed the board, the switch, the li colored pipe/switches inside the panel, and the fan....

They now claim its something to do with the venturies? one supposed to be positive and the other negative and they are both positive....

So he is waiting for another fan.... it has taken 5 days for this fan to come and its still not here, even though i went on a website and if i had ordered it today at 3pm i could have had it by tomorrow.

So i want to know if this guy is stalling? or if he doesn't know what he is going on about. i mean its been 5 weeks without a working boiler, the landlord isn't helping much, other than sending him round to do something to the boiler that gets it to work for about a day.

Its -5 outside and its snowing, the coldest time of the year, and they seem to be taking far too long to get this fan, only took him 2 days the first time he replaced it.

So is what he is saying making sense? or is it made up? because before this plumber came to safety check the boiler on the 16th of December the boiler worked fine, and ever since he did that it hasn't worked properly.

Please help... as it sounds like a con to me.... i recon if i had just got the fan myself or had British gas come round and paid for it myself it would have been done ages ago!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!

You really need to go to citizens advice. Your landlord has a legal responsibility to provide you with comfort heating.

You need a different gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wickes Halstead Heat 40 boiler problems/plumber problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock