Discuss Which valve do I need for this in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where in your home is it happening, you have to paint the picture for us to help you.

The water supply in my home is contaminated due to backflow issues so I am trying to find out how to prevent this and was told that two types of valves need to installed in the bathroom pipework so I am trying to do a bit of research on this.

Clean water supply comes in and waste water goes out.
1 Are you in the UK?
2 Where does your water supply come from?
3 Where does your waste water go to?

right i think i know where you coming from

anything that mixes hot and cold

showers, mono style taps etc

to stop this you need to install a single or double check valve just before the valve/tap

to stop this you need to install a single or double check valve just before the valve/tap
Glad you are Shaun, thinking my crystal ball needs a service.

Bobby Joe, is this a new problem? Would rather cure the cause rather than the problem myself.

This is exactly right:

This is exactly right:

normally happens with lets say a shower with no check valves internally

mains cold and tank hot, the more powerful mains pressure will push back up into the hot cylinder and then back into the tank supplying the hot cylinder and cause it to overflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which valve do I need for this in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I'm reworking our ensuite which is next door to the main bathroom. I want to connect the new toilet into the existing soil pipe which runs...
Replies
Views
    • Love
It's DIY forums like this that have helped countless people fix, repair or replace things in their homes, which helped prevent additional damage...
Replies
Views
Hi all, need someone to do my annual gas service and issue me a domestic gas safety certificate. In addition the megaflow cylinder needs checking...
Replies
Views
Hi all, need someone to do my annual gas service and issue me a domestic gas safety certificate. In addition the megaflow cylinder needs checking...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Hi wonder if anyone could help? I have a customer that has recently had backflow problems with her cylinder. She gets very hot water coming...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock