Discuss Where oh where is this air coming from? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry don't know if I phrased that correctly. some 3 port valves are mid position. i.e always an open circuit. but some are a closed circuit and only open with a demand...

Right, I said I'd get back to you.

I followed up the suggestion above which was a dodgy washer on the pump and applied Hylomar to my existing rubber washer (which wasn't all that tightly done up, as I think I stated above. Also, to be pedantic, I took the gland nut off the pump gate valve and shoved some PTFE behind it in the usual manner (even though the graphite packing seemed to be in good order).

After a couple of weeks there was no more air. Boiler still kettles horribly, but I can move on to powerflush or whatever for that. At least we seem to have solved the air problem, which will, of course, reduce further corrosion of the system.

Thanks for your suggestions and for finally forcing me to check the bloody obvious, because, logically, a system like this can only normally draw in air between the pump and the neutral point, but I couldn't see anything wrong with that section - must have been though!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where oh where is this air coming from? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
I'm remodeling our master bath. We have two 30 inch vanities with a 24 inch open space between them. Drain pipes go down into the basement of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: Do frost protection valves trigger when the water in the pipe gets to threshold, or when the air temp drops? Long version...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock