Discuss Whats involved with changing over to commercial? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

acecharly

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just a few questions...is there much involved with it...ie exams etc.....secondly can you be both or is it one or the other an lastly is it worth it?

To change over you can do the dom to comm changeover, which means as long as your dom tickets are valid, then so are your comm.

With regards to is it worth it... have you ever needed to/ had chance to work on commercial stuff? If yes then it would be an added bonus, but to be fair it is a whole new learning curve from domestic.

about 3k to swap to commercial

3K you sure.. did mine for £1200 which admittedly was cheap think the nearest one after that was £1600 plus time of work so guess maybe 3k isnt far off the mark.

if your head is screwed on its easy enough, but the exams really are the easy part. once you're working on it all thats when the learning begins but remember people aren't paying you to learn they are paying you to know what to do and how to fix it. its a big scary world out there and everything carrys an expensive price tag there is no room for mis diagnosis or we'll take both just to be sure

3K you sure.. did mine for £1200 which admittedly was cheap think the nearest one after that was £1600 plus time of work so guess maybe 3k isnt far off the mark.

if your head is screwed on its easy enough, but the exams really are the easy part. once you're working on it all thats when the learning begins but remember people aren't paying you to learn they are paying you to know what to do and how to fix it. its a big scary world out there and everything carrys an expensive price tag there is no room for mis diagnosis or we'll take both just to be sure

Core commercial £600
Installation First Fix £300
Testing and purging (1) £500
Testing and purging (1A) £500
Commission , repair and maintenance of indirect fired heating appliances £300
Commission , repair and maintenance of direct fired heating appliance £300

+ time off

Although i now run an entirely different business, i was a pipefitter/plumber on commercial projects for 15 years so i have a good idea how the systems side works i just never had my gas. My idea was more based around small businesses like pizza shops chippys etc but as ive only just retook my ccn1 il start to build that up a bit first just wanted some idea on costs etc for now.

The main bit is gettin work. It is rare that commercial jobs look through adverts etc to find a plumber its normally reconmended. I know two lads that are commercial and dont get much if any work from it and thats with them paying to advertise in places. Whereas for me they ring me up "oh andy from x place told ne to ring you"

Yeah definately nothing beats recomendation best form of advertising

Rad training smethwick

Offers the full commercial package £780

It's far from easy though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats involved with changing over to commercial? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock