Discuss What size boiler needed in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

To be clear, it flows from right to left as I indicated? and then runs uphill? but where (at what height relative to the condensate outlet) does it finally level out as it could just mean that the condensate is being evaporated in the boiler and causing untold damage.

The oil pressure at 14bar seems very excessive if burning Kerosene?., should be ~ 9bar.
To be clear, it flows from right to left as I indicated? and then runs uphill? but where (at what height relative to the condensate outlet) does it finally level out as it could just mean that the condensate is being evaporated in the boiler and causing untold damage.

The oil pressure at 14bar seems very excessive if burning Kerosene?., should be ~ 9bar.
It doesn’t level out at all
ACC81169-0554-47CB-8D24-45328547055B.jpeg
C899AAEE-B9C9-4255-AD54-28559F195B5C.jpeg
F0F4925E-C3EA-4BE6-A444-858E5BB3D13F.jpeg
F36C4E8A-C61A-4209-9665-72DE91F05B8B.jpeg

So, how can, or does, the condensate drain from the trap??
Well I believe it doesn’t, as the pipe clearly runs uphill but our plumber keeps telling me it’s fine, it does clearly state In the manual it must have a 2 degrees full from the boiler. Possibly why baffles damaged inside boiler, after a years operation. When the boiler fires up all you hear is gurgling noises.

It's hard to imagine why your plumber thinks this is OK, the only way that the condensate can be discharged to a higher level, if required, is via a pump.

Well I believe it doesn’t, as the pipe clearly runs uphill but our plumber keeps telling me it’s fine, it does clearly state In the manual it must have a 2 degrees full from the boiler. Possibly why baffles damaged inside boiler, after a years
It's hard to imagine why your plumber thinks this is OK, the only way that the condensate can be discharged to a higher level, if required, is via a pump.

I know, they just keep blaming our pipe sizes, but they are all ok. When he pulled the damaged baffles out I asked how did they get like that, his reply was the return water is to low at 46 c 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

So I guess we need to replace condensate pipe work

Went and checked the condensate trap and found this:
Condensate trap was full and water had been leaking out on to the ground also found a lot of water lying inside on the bottom of the boiler.
A6AADE7B-BEAA-4B77-AB8B-7ABEC615AEE9.jpeg
97C3E0B0-D82A-4C7D-8747-95E79CECB2A3.jpeg
5DECA526-AFC4-4A7B-8A89-9DC20ED1ED09.jpeg
AB85E975-15BD-443B-B0A7-5618CE2A5AB6.jpeg

No surprises there!!, just run the drain properly. Have you any spec on that light oil, not 100% sure if suitable for a condensing boiler but if so may require the burner to have a preheater somewhere, it might be in the specs.

No surprises there!!, just run the drain properly. Have you any spec on that light oil, not 100% sure if suitable for a condensing boiler but if so may require the burner to have a preheater somewhere, it might be in the specs.
It’s run on diesel, don’t think it has a pre heater. Sometimes when it’s behaving it’s self when the boiler starts up the pump will run first before the boiler fires up but not all the time.

Didn't think diesel allowed with condensate.nsing Firebirds.
The fan and direct coupled pump should run for ~ 7 sec purge time. The oil solenoid should then energise with ignition spark.

Certainly all the Firebird boilers sold here are 28 sec fuel only .
Plus your plumber is a idiot to think that condensate waste is ok.
Manufacturer asks for minimum of one in two hundred fall.

Didn't think diesel allowed with condensate.nsing Firebirds.
The fan and direct coupled pump should run for ~ 7 sec purge time. The oil solenoid should then energise with ignition spark.
I wonder because they have taking the pump off from the inside of the boiler and fitted an external one that’s why it didn’t purge anymore.

Certainly all the Firebird boilers sold here are 28 sec fuel only .
Plus your plumber is a idiot to think that condensate waste is ok.
Manufacturer asks for minimum of one in two hundred fall.
Everytime I question him about the condensate waste he says it’s not a problem and the reason the pipe melts is because of our flow and return pipes, he thinks I’m an idiot .

I wonder because they have taking the pump off from the inside of the boiler and fitted an external one that’s why it didn’t purge anymore.
I'm talking about the oil pump not the water pump that's connected to the fan, the boiler fan runs for around 7 seconds to purge the combustion chamber of any explosive gases before allowing ignition. The original boiler circ pump may have been programmed to overrun for awhile when all zone valves close.

I think you should think about getting someone familiar with oil boilers if changing boiler output or whatever, the original burner didn't need changing as its rated down to 26kw with the appropriate nozzle.

Reply to What size boiler needed in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back