Search the forum,

Discuss What jobs to avoid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo21

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What jobs do you lot avoid. I had a foreign landlord today who wanted a quote because the last tenant nicked all the copper pipe. Class. Which I avoided. Other ones for me are hobs and cookers, unless they're regulars. "it's only connecting a hose" gets very boring.

I manage to get away with never touching toilets any more probably because every time I had to work on 1 I moaned like hell and now they dont bother sending me to them.

Bath taps, toilets, powermax boilers, service requests late in the day or at weekends, saniflows, jobs where customer starts with "it's only a five minute job", jobs where the customer starts with "I've just bought a....."

Maybe I'm getting fussy in my old age!

unblocking sewers, Worcester cdi divertors,anything french,headless vokera reps:81:

I give my dad all the toilet jobs, aren't I a good son. Don't mind taps though, normally get good money for those.

Rehanging rads that have fell off and the walls been replastered! Hate hate hate doing them!

Anything done by a diy'er. Touch it and it's amazing how you suddenly are held responsible for everything gone wrong in that house.

Students are another. Wee slobs should be forced to study not break good installations for the fun of it.

Saniflows. I Will Not Touch Them. I swear to gods I regurgitate stuff I've not eaten yet!

Saniflows. I Will Not Touch Them. I swear to gods I regurgitate stuff I've not eaten yet!

I was with my dad when he opened one up years ago, after that I changed my title to heating engineer.

Urinals in a public bar. Their contents smell of the sweet scent of alcohol but you know you'll never drink it.

Just off topic....why the hell do we spend loads of money on a swally just to pee it out again? Mmmm daft, but good at the time.

Wet jobs

Don't like water. Don't like getting wet. Don't like sludge.

HA bathrooms,

looks like i got the lemon today!.

rolling around in a pss stained floor in a 7 foot x 5 foot bathroom putting in a 'p' shaped bath.
the basin had to go so the bath would fit!.

i have has 2 showers, washed my clothes and managed to eat my dinner. proberbly due to charging 30% above the odds for doing the job. now they want me to do the damn kitchen sink ffs!!!!!

Only things I won't do are things I'm not sure about or too inexperienced with. Disgusting or tough doesn't bother too much. But as said I will draw the line at saniflo. I also won't go to blocked toilets. I tell them mop trick over the phone. Usually never hear back.

Only things I won't do are things I'm not sure about or too inexperienced with. Disgusting or tough doesn't bother too much. But as said I will draw the line at saniflo. I also won't go to blocked toilets. I tell them mop trick over the phone. Usually never hear back.
the string mops a gem used it many times cheap in wilkos

Cheapo mop head on a bit of 22 hep pipe. Bread and butter! Unless you get unlucky and find half a broken pint glass and a roll of parcel tape blocking the soil pipe under 8ft of poo and paper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What's the mop trick?

Mops are excellent for plunging and unblocking toilets, depending on the blockage. I like mine on a bit of 22 plastic so it flexes nicely when you ram it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HA bathrooms,

looks like i got the lemon today!.

rolling around in a pss stained floor in a 7 foot x 5 foot bathroom putting in a 'p' shaped bath.
the basin had to go so the bath would fit!.

i have has 2 showers, washed my clothes and managed to eat my dinner. proberbly due to charging 30% above the odds for doing the job. now they want me to do the damn kitchen sink ffs!!!!!

You get some quality jobs Martin :smile:

Failing to unblock a toilet that involves getting sh/t on your bare hands on a Monday morning when you're hungover and then having to carry the blocked pan down the stairs in a bin liner and blast it out with a hose into the drain and then blocking up the drain with toilet paper.

If you're doing drains it is the one time smoking comes in handy. Keep a *** burning in your mouth (fk the anti smoking brigade) while you do it and it keeps the smell from killing you :smile:

I've decided I'm not doing any "5 minute" jobs any more after yesterdays one ended up 3 hours! Simple overflowing cistern, went to it, found old flush valve seal perished, cant get replacement, decided to fit a new one.
Went to undo the bolts on the close coupled toilet, rusted solid, had to get a new cistern as no-one had just the bolts. Spent half an hour hacksawing through the bolts, got the new cistern on, filling valve on the other side, quick repipe - tested, bloody new doughnut leaking!!. Went out into the van had a wee Hulk rage in the back, went back in and fitted another doughnut. - Jobs a good 'un. Between carrying out the job and running around looking for bits I wasted most of the afternoon.
Called Landlord to let them know and the bast'ard has went on holiday for a couple of weeks...
yeah I love my job....

I was with my dad when he opened one up years ago, after that I changed my title to heating engineer.

I when't to one a few years ago there was no power isolation on it, the custad could not understand why i refused to work on it lol:6:

I've decided I'm not doing any "5 minute" jobs any more after yesterdays one ended up 3 hours! Simple overflowing cistern, went to it, found old flush valve seal perished, cant get replacement, decided to fit a new one.
Went to undo the bolts on the close coupled toilet, rusted solid, had to get a new cistern as no-one had just the bolts. Spent half an hour hacksawing through the bolts, got the new cistern on, filling valve on the other side, quick repipe - tested, bloody new doughnut leaking!!. Went out into the van had a wee Hulk rage in the back, went back in and fitted another doughnut. - Jobs a good 'un. Between carrying out the job and running around looking for bits I wasted most of the afternoon.
Called Landlord to let them know and the bast'ard has went on holiday for a couple of weeks...
yeah I love my job....

i love having a wee hulk rage!

I had a wee hulk rage this evening when the power to the village tripped out for the 5th time this evening. Wasn't a happy bunny!

I expect the leccy was cut off because the pub hasn't paid their bill. Apparently they can't afford to because of the size of Croppies bar tab.

Me and the barman have an understanding. He doesn't mention my bartab. I don't mention he wees in the lager.

Though how you'd notice a difference in the taste is anyone's guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What jobs to avoid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock