Currently reading:
What is the best make of boiler Worcester?, Vaillant, Alpha.

Discuss What is the best make of boiler Worcester?, Vaillant, Alpha. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheNewBoilerCo

I am trying to gather opinions about what is the best type of boiler. Some hardened experienced plumbers suggest Worcester being the benchmark however since the release of the new HE Range of boiler can the same still be said of Worcester Bosch. Reliability is a huge consideration when buying a new boiler. do you think that Worcester can still claim that top slot for reliability verses cost.

What are your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
BAXI, valiant,remaha IMHO to many problems with Worcesters plastic components ,difficulty in changeing some parts and the red burner gasket which can fail cremating the custards house

worcesters fall apart in first 5 years , seem to keep coming across same fault with them either prv or expansion vessel .

BAXI, valiant,remaha IMHO to many problems with Worcesters plastic components ,difficulty in changeing some parts and the red burner gasket which can fail cremating the custards house

Personally I love Worcesters do a definitive answer on here is looking slim ; )

haha ideal not very ideal at all .. biasi haaaaaa deery deery me ideals with the big glass front death trap .... its vailant all the way my friend last for ages my first vilaint was 15 years ago and i service it every year yet to find any faults my friend

haha ideal not very ideal at all .. biasi haaaaaa deery deery me ideals with the big glass front death trap .... its vailant all the way my friend last for ages my first vilaint was 15 years ago and i service it every year yet to find any faults my friend

Fitted many with the rubber hose inside and 2 jubilee clips? Quality engineering for your money ; )

How about the newer Vaillants with the shockingly danegrous burner door seal, the same one with a poorly made flue collector which like to crack for fun or if it hasnt cracked the seal where it joins the heat exchanger leaks. Its great fun to sort out aswell having to take the heat exchanger out.

I like the Vaillant the best but they are pricey. The lastest which report put Vaillant in top spot for reliability and customer satisfaction. In fact they tested the appliances SEDBUK ratings and found only the Vaillant to be band A, I think one baxi was too but the Worcesters were band b in those tests. I suppose it's the equivelant of motor manufaturers mpg claims. The Alph is a good boiler too but I say the Vaillant edges it because these boilers are by far the easiest to work on, and have a build quality second to none . I mean compare a Worcester junior to an ecotech pro. Same price difference is incredible, in Vaillants favour. The Worcester doesn't even have a hot water temp control on the front.

771116-Black-right-256.jpgLamborgini.

(Made by Ferroli).

worster CDI Or GreenstarJunior excellent boiler ,new wide gap stainless steel heat exchanger with 10 year warrenty Do clean out sytem before fitting and fit a magnetic filter at boiler on the return
Trouble free then for many years

RJSCAN

worster CDI Or GreenstarJunior excellent boiler ,new wide gap stainless steel heat exchanger with 10 year warrenty Do clean out sytem before fitting and fit a magnetic filter at boiler on the return
Trouble free then for many years

RJSCAN

I have been following this thread with interest and comparing spec’s as I am also trying to decide on the best Combi choice.
Correct me if I am wrong but according to the specs the Worcester CDi has an Aluminium heat exchanger with 10 year warrantee. The Vaillant apparently has a stainless steel heat exchanger. Not sure regarding the warrantee.

I have been following this thread with interest and comparing spec’s as I am also trying to decide on the best Combi choice.
Correct me if I am wrong but according to the specs the Worcester CDi has an Aluminium heat exchanger with 10 year warrantee. The Vaillant apparently has a stainless steel heat exchanger. Not sure regarding the warrantee.

Unless theyve changed it recently? your quite right, the WB has a aluminuim silicate heat exchanger and the vailant a Stainless steel one.

its because it breaks down and dies at the speed of light
I phoned up about one the other day just out of interest, I was put through to Ferroli and they couldnt tell my anything about them apart from a rough RRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is the best make of boiler Worcester?, Vaillant, Alpha. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock