Discuss Water softner - Cal Mag in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Evening,

I am still on the look out for a water softener, Has anyone fitted or have experience of a Cal Soft midi at all?

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Yes it didn't soften the water loL!

Can recommend tapworks or Harvey's

That will be why the merchant has it on offer then! Its for home and not a customer so want to get something that isnt going to smash the back but will keep my management happy, oh and reduce the limescale that is killing the taps and shower screen glass!

Had the cal mag for a few years was under impressed, fitted dualflow (harvey) difference was night and day

Just seen the instalation manual for the softline 150, I like the fact it is not powered good value too.

Not if you get a high flow kit for it

If this softener is for your own use then spend your money wisely. Buy the best that you can afford and it should last a long time. My Kinetico is 20 years old and has been installed in my last three houses, and continues to provide a continuous supply of softened water. Go for one of the Harvey range or Kinetico and you will not be disappointed.
Think of this as a long term (20 years+) purchase investment. Buy cheap and you buy twice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water softner - Cal Mag in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
About 9 months now, started suffering intermittent but frequent hydraulic shock thwacks, sometimes very violent, below Harvey's water softener in...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all - hoping to get some advice here on a plumbing issue in our house. When we are showering / filling the bath and another appliance draws...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock