From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Water manifold installed and plumber disappeared, has anyone seen a manifold like this before? in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a call from a customer who has asked me to take a look at works carried out by a plumber. He has installed UFH to the entire ground floor of this large property.

The floor is screeded and finished, there are a few loops that haven't been connected to his lovely manifold but I'm given assurance by the builder there that it has all been tested....

I know I should run but the plumber has disappeared before wiring up his invention and I'm a helpful guy.

I will look at replacing this with a manifold, blend valve , pump, and I might have a spare 2 port valve available from the current set up!!

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

image.jpeg image.jpeg

stani

Plumber
Gas Engineer
I don't think the plumber understood the UFH ethos, that is water running round at 60c will burn your feet. It needs to be replaced as you say with a mixing valve, manifold and stats.

Last edited:

SimonG

Plumber
Advent Win
Wrong on so many levels. Strip it out and get a test on the loops. Then install off the shelf manifold and mixing set up.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
looks like a dogs dinner and iso valves on heating :)

I had to turn this job down its just not worth the stress. Would standard hep20 10mm pipe be categorically wrong for UFH if connected to a new manifold utilising adapters? A boiler and unvented cylinder upstairs semi installed, and needs commissioning. Based on the workmanship so far it's too risky for me to touch. I feel for the client.

Attachments

stani

Plumber
Gas Engineer
I had to turn this job down its just not worth the stress. Would standard hep20 10mm pipe be categorically wrong for UFH if connected to a new manifold utilising adapters? A boiler and unvented cylinder upstairs semi installed, and needs commissioning. Based on the workmanship so far it's too risky for me to touch. I feel for the client.
Probably one of the better decisions made today.

stani

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Probably one of the better decisions made today.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What a mess wants ripping out and starting again what's that elbow on the temp pressure relief discharge
what the drain off ?

or do you mean mikes post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water manifold installed and plumber disappeared, has anyone seen a manifold like this before? in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbase - Plumbers Forum Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares