• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Water manifold installed and plumber disappeared, has anyone seen a manifold like this before? in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikead80

Reaction score
I received a call from a customer who has asked me to take a look at works carried out by a plumber. He has installed UFH to the entire ground floor of this large property.

The floor is screeded and finished, there are a few loops that haven't been connected to his lovely manifold but I'm given assurance by the builder there that it has all been tested....

I know I should run but the plumber has disappeared before wiring up his invention and I'm a helpful guy.

I will look at replacing this with a manifold, blend valve , pump, and I might have a spare 2 port valve available from the current set up!!

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

image.jpeg image.jpeg

stani

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I don't think the plumber understood the UFH ethos, that is water running round at 60c will burn your feet. It needs to be replaced as you say with a mixing valve, manifold and stats.

Last edited:

SimonG

Trusted
Plumber
Esteemed Member
Reaction score
Wrong on so many levels. Strip it out and get a test on the loops. Then install off the shelf manifold and mixing set up.

Meady

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the UFH pipe work look like normal 10mm pipe?

SimonG

Trusted
Plumber
Esteemed Member
Reaction score
Good spot. 15 to 10 reducers in the iso valves.

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
looks like a dogs dinner and iso valves on heating :)

Dan

Admin
Reaction score
That's shocking.

All that work to balls it up like that. Would have been easier to do it the right way. Why did they even bother go all complicated like that?!

OP
M

Mikead80

Reaction score
I had to turn this job down its just not worth the stress. Would standard hep20 10mm pipe be categorically wrong for UFH if connected to a new manifold utilising adapters? A boiler and unvented cylinder upstairs semi installed, and needs commissioning. Based on the workmanship so far it's too risky for me to touch. I feel for the client.

Attachments

stani

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I had to turn this job down its just not worth the stress. Would standard hep20 10mm pipe be categorically wrong for UFH if connected to a new manifold utilising adapters? A boiler and unvented cylinder upstairs semi installed, and needs commissioning. Based on the workmanship so far it's too risky for me to touch. I feel for the client.
Probably one of the better decisions made today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Top Bottom