Search the forum,

Discuss Water level in toilet cistern rising despite being set in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi.
We have a B&Q toilet system (see attached picture) and have an issue where tge water level rises despite adjusting the screw rod.

Example.....
I set it at bedtime last night and the level filled to the line, then this morning it was flushed and when filling again it goes too high and stops at the over flow, causing a trickle of overflow.

I replaced the valve washer as it had perished snd there is no leaking.

Any idea what could be causing this?
I am going away tomorrow and worried that it may start trickling while away.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210320-064948_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-064948_eBay.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20210320-064948_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-064948_eBay.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 9
Simple answer stop messing about trying to repair something that's done years of hard work.
Replace it with something decent fluidmaster would be my choice less than £15 even for brass shanked version fit and forget.

Hi.
We have a B&Q toilet system (see attached picture) and have an issue where tge water level rises despite adjusting the screw rod.

Example.***.
I set it at bedtime last night and the level filled to the line, then this morning it was flushed and when filling again it goes too high and stops at the over flow, causing a trickle of overflow.

I replaced the valve washer as it had perished snd there is no leaking.

Any idea what could be causing this?
I am going away tomorrow and worried that it may start trickling while away.

Thanks.
Are you setting the level after a flush? As sometimes setting levels on an equilibrium valve with the cistern already partially filled will not give an accurate setting.

I always turn off my stopcock when I go away.

1. Which washer did you replace, the inlet valve one or the flush valve one.
2. If the flush valve one, replace the inlet valve washer.
3. Might be a better long term plan to replace as above.
4. If you have an isolation valve on the inlet pipe side, shut it off while you are away.

Ha. That's fine happy to change.
Problem is would it be an easy job for someone who does not do any plumbing?
As long as you get the version with the brass shank (i.e the thread that it connects to) and read the instruction leaflet it's at the easy end of the DIY spectrum. If the incoming 'tap connector' has a fibre washer, take care not to damage it and/or have a spare one to hand just in case.

There are a gazillion how-to videos on youtube, this one is from the manufacturer:

Reply to Water level in toilet cistern rising despite being set in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock