Search the forum,

Discuss Water leak on Camray 5 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi every one, first post on the forum! I was just checking the pressure of my central heating system as i had noticed the radiators were taking ages to heat up. It was down at around .25 bar. I opened the tap to increase the pressure to the correct level and bled the radiators just to make sure there was no air. All seems good now. I did notice a crusty green slightly damp bit of what looks like corrosion on a joint at the top of the boiler. See the photo. Is this likely to be where the water is leaking and causing the prsssure to drop? Also was wondering what the part would be called if i have to speak to plumber on the phone. Thanks for any advice! 20161214_192306.jpg

Hi
It needs replacing ( 15mm balofix valve).
It won't stop your drop in prssure though, as it's the cold water main isolator. Nothing to do with the heating side.
I reccomend yo get an oftec guy to service th boiler and look for other issues.

Thanks for that :) I will be getting someone in to gave a look at it, i think it's been almost exactly a year since it was serviced last. I've had to add water to the system twice in just over a year so i guess it must be going somewhere quite slowly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water leak on Camray 5 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock