Discuss Washing Machine tripping electrics. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waste of time - not worth the expense.
Simply replace element every 2 to 5 years or however long it takes to pop - cost under a tenner.

Calgon - crazy expensive
Water softner - see above

Elements can go anyway regardless. Something that costs under a tenner isn't going to last a lifetime anyway

What about all the other components connected to water supply on the appliance ie pumps, ntcs,solenoids, jet systems ectc

Yes but most customers are not as savy so it would defs cost more than a Tenner... If a customer can afford then I would always recommend a softener, longer life for all appliances, taps & bathrooms that aren't covered in scale & scum

So enlighten me. How does a solenoid become affected by scale in a washer or dishwasher

What a load of cods wallop.
Only 3 solenoids on a washer.
1 mainwash and 1 fabsoft and 1 prewash.
All on inlet side. No scale at all. Never in my years and tears of fixing all brands have i ever replaced a scaled up solenoid valve - it just doesnt happen.
Especially now they are all cold fill only and have been for years [emoji12]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's fact. If you worked in one of the worst areas of the country you would undoubtedly see more.

So please enlighten me again. How does scale form on a cold fill inlet solenoid

So please enlighten me again. How does scale form on a cold fill inlet solenoid

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing Machine tripping electrics. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back