Search the forum,

Discuss Washing machine - compartment full of water in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey guys, sorry if this is a daft question but ever since we've had our hotpoint washing machine the compartment on the far left (softener compartments I believe) is full of water after every cycle. See attached.

Are we missing an insert here or something? I can't see how else it would drain, or should it not be filling with water at all?

Thank you.

IMG_2306.jpg

Might be a deliberate design feature to dilute fabric conditioner, or something. Have you consulted the instruction book?

If still full after the wash? then pull it out and you will probably find that there is a build up of powder/gunk, if you just pour a glass of water into it it should empty if clear.

Looking at post#1 again, yes I think you are missing a part like this which when water is introduced, overflows and created a syphoning effect and leaves the compartment empty.
This is from mine, a Zanussi.

You are missing the "blue" insert.

Attachments

• Complete.jpg
    Complete.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Without Syphon Cap.jpg
    Without Syphon Cap.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Syphon Cap.jpg
    Syphon Cap.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 5
Looking at post#1 again, yes I think you are missing a part like this which when water is introduced, overflows and created a syphoning effect and leaves the compartment empty.
This is from mine, a Zanussi.

You are missing the "blue" insert.
Exactly what I thought but wasn't sure. Thank you!

Reply to Washing machine - compartment full of water in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock