Discuss Washing machine straight off the Combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jui

Hi guys,

As the title says, we are moving our combi boiler from its current location to next to our combi boilers as there are no other areas in our houseto place it. Can we ‘T’ straight off the cold feed from the combi boiler in tothe washing machine (which only requires a cold feed) for it to work ok? Arethere any regulations about distances etc.? Or any other issues we have tothink about?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Are you teeing in properly or are you using One of those self cutting taps

It's fine.don't use a self cutting tee. Too restrictive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just a bit concerned about the self cut disc going straight up the pipe into the boiler filter

With the greatest of respect surely the plumber should know it's alright then

It's always good to get some more opinions just in case, thanks guys..

Granted always good to do your research but I wish people would have a little faith in contractors sometimes. We aren't all Cowboys good luck :smile:

Getting fed up with people that come on here asking if there plumber is doing the job right , wanting 2-3 opinions on if what he is doing is correct or if he is charging to much, Do they ask all these questions if they see a Doctor/Dentist or take there car for a service, Why this sudden distrust of what Trades do, This industry is getting a **** reputation , Screwed on everything we do, Better if we all give it up and did something else, Shelf stacking seems a good alternative. :dots: :angry:

Or they aren't getting a plumber in at all and just want the information. I'd prefer the later and a bit of honesty really.

To be fair, I will get second and third opinions if I am unsure of the info, that includes doctors and mechanics especially at a minimum of £90 an hour labour charges! obviously it feels mistrustful BUT I would rather my customers did their research and I actually encourage this including getting 3 quotes, I have found that I get more work this way. There are always going to be diy types coming on forums asking so that they can do thing themselves, as long as we all stick to the party line and encourage the use of a suitably qualified person wheres the harm?

To add to my previous: I have had experts that just don't feel right so I will stop and say that I will get back to them and then do my research (not to enable me to diy just to set my mind straight) there are still a lot of cowboys out there so it fits that there should be a tools forum to alleviate or confirm concerns of cowboyisms? that people feel that they can post on and not be demonised for the few that are asking for details to diy

To be fair, I will get second and third opinions if I am unsure of the info, that includes doctors and mechanics especially at a minimum of £90 an hour labour charges! obviously it feels mistrustful BUT I would rather my customers did their research and I actually encourage this including getting 3 quotes, I have found that I get more work this way. There are always going to be diy types coming on forums asking so that they can do thing themselves, as long as we all stick to the party line and encourage the use of a suitably qualified person wheres the harm?

No harm at all but I don't charge £90 pr hr and I don't know meny garages where you can go and they will tell you what to do so that you can fix it your self

Getting fed up with people that come on here asking if there plumber is doing the job right , wanting 2-3 opinions on if what he is doing is correct or if he is charging to much, Do they ask all these questions if they see a Doctor/Dentist or take there car for a service, Why this sudden distrust of what Trades do, This industry is getting a **** reputation , Screwed on everything we do, Better if we all give it up and did something else, Shelf stacking seems a good alternative. :dots: :angry:

As long as people on forums like these keep answering them then they'll keep asking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing machine straight off the Combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back