Currently reading:
Washine machine more than 5m from waste pipe.

Discuss Washine machine more than 5m from waste pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BigSi

Hi guys.

Just thought I’d pop in from the electrician’s forum, as I might get a better answer to my little problem from you guys. I’ll try to be as specific as I can.

My kitchen has work tops on three sides. One side has the sink and waste pipe, the back has the oven and hob, and the other side has a position for a washing machine (opp the sink). Now I have a socket below the unit, but no plumbing for either water or waste. Running the hot/cold pipes I’ve been told isn’t a problem, but I’m having trouble with the waste pipe.

The only access around is to remove the unit kick-boards and run flexible pipe underneath (units have backs, and cooker restricts movement), so no permanent wall mounted waste pipes can be plumbed around. The total distance is about 5 meters around, but I’ve been told the maximum distance of the washing machine waste pipe is 3 meters. I rang Bosch technical services (Bosch unit), who said that they sold a 2.5 meter extension hose......but couldn’t guarantee that there would be enough pressure from the washing machine to empty the waste water (then why sell the hose?).

I’ve also been told that you could use a macerator to pump the water around, but haven’t had much luck in finding any information on any units.

So I’m after any ideas on what to do. Nothing can be plumbed, only run in flexible pipes behind the kick boards then up to the waste pipe which exits the building just under the sink (doesn’t go to ground in the house).

Last edited by a moderator:
I`ve got grave doubts that what the guy at Saniflo told you will actually work unless the stand pipe is say 5ft high.
My kitchen kick boards are 165mm and in there you are putting 32mm pipe with a minimum "fall" of 10mm per m over 5m plus the height of the side inlet from the floor (can`t use top one in this case) which is say 50mm. So 32+50+50 = 132mm leaving 33mm BUT the vite will not activate until the water inside is 105mm high hence the high stand pipe at the start which might create enough force of water (Might)
I think I would advise trying it first in the back garden mate but then you can`t return the £400 pump for a refund can you?

PM me the name of the guy / girl at Saniflo if you have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washine machine more than 5m from waste pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock