Currently reading:
Washine machine more than 5m from waste pipe.

Discuss Washine machine more than 5m from waste pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BigSi

Hi guys.

Just thought I’d pop in from the electrician’s forum, as I might get a better answer to my little problem from you guys. I’ll try to be as specific as I can.

My kitchen has work tops on three sides. One side has the sink and waste pipe, the back has the oven and hob, and the other side has a position for a washing machine (opp the sink). Now I have a socket below the unit, but no plumbing for either water or waste. Running the hot/cold pipes I’ve been told isn’t a problem, but I’m having trouble with the waste pipe.

The only access around is to remove the unit kick-boards and run flexible pipe underneath (units have backs, and cooker restricts movement), so no permanent wall mounted waste pipes can be plumbed around. The total distance is about 5 meters around, but I’ve been told the maximum distance of the washing machine waste pipe is 3 meters. I rang Bosch technical services (Bosch unit), who said that they sold a 2.5 meter extension hose......but couldn’t guarantee that there would be enough pressure from the washing machine to empty the waste water (then why sell the hose?).

I’ve also been told that you could use a macerator to pump the water around, but haven’t had much luck in finding any information on any units.

So I’m after any ideas on what to do. Nothing can be plumbed, only run in flexible pipes behind the kick boards then up to the waste pipe which exits the building just under the sink (doesn’t go to ground in the house).

Last edited by a moderator:
048.jpg 047.jpg

Hope these help!

So could this unit be situated in the cupboard under the sink and connected to the sink trap with a horizontal nozzle, and then extend the washing machine flexible waste hose (bosch part), and connected that into the unit?

Saniflo also do a washing machine/dishwasher pump - the sanivite

who designed that LOL

Best solution is to move wash machine space to sink side, move cupboard to washing machine space. Even if this means abit of jiggery pokerry.

So could this unit be situated in the cupboard under the sink and connected to the sink trap with a horizontal nozzle, and then extend the washing machine flexible waste hose (bosch part), and connected that into the unit?

You'd have to have it close to the washing machine and then tapped into the waste pipe downstream of the trap.

I really would go for the extensions first though, your machine may surprise you and cope admirably.

Oh, and I feel it my solemn duty to warn you you're not in Kansas any more my pretty!

Vaughan.jpg

Trouble is, most of them seem to be hard plumed together. I need it to be a flexible pipe which will come up from under the units into the side of the unit, then out the top an up into the waste pipe.

who designed that LOL

Best solution is to move wash machine space to sink side, move cupboard to washing machine space. Even if this means abit of jiggery pokerry.

There is a stone ridge running along the wall below the sink, which would cause the washing machine to stand out about 10 inches. Thats why I guess there thinking was to move it to the other side.......good thinking!

Hi bigsi what AWheating said about moving position and if thats not feesible then the sanivite that ray mentioned will do the trick as it has a 22mm outlet that will pump uphill if needed however if you do go for one of theses you woul be better pumping out into a main drain or stack and not into the sink waste.

who designed that LOL

There is a stone ridge running along the wall below the sink, which would cause the washing machine to stand out about 10 inches. Thats why I guess there thinking was to move it to the other side.......good thinking!

Many thanks guys for all the great help. Have sent emails (inc pics), to Grundfos and Saniflo to get some tech info.

This washing machine is the Bain of my life!!!

Is that not where you put your fridge? If not can you see the waste pipe if you remove the plinth? I would look to run a whole new pipe around and then have an up stand. Only if you can cut into it at low level though.

The waste pipe goes straight through the wall and down to the drain outside. The walls are pretty thick (listed building), to bore another waste pipe through.

I think my current plan (based on everybody's ideas), is to put a macerator in the cupboard next to the washing machine and hard pipe it out of the side of the unit and up in the gap so the washing machine hose can sit in the top (same as you would normally).

Then run flexable pipeing around behind the kick boards and up to where the existing waste pipe is (macerator can pump 5m up hill). Then either terminate into a sink trap with side nozzel, or in the small pipe after the sink trap.

How does that sound?

Neither the Saniflo nor the Grundfos or the washing pump can be used the way you want to run the pipe.

Just remember bigsi it will pump uphill to start with but even macaraetors must fall downhill after a certain distance and u cant link any foul drainage into same machine. But youd have to be precise in the positioning of macaraetor to accomadate incoming pumped water and outgoing pumped water.

Sold the washing machine and bought a tin bath and wash board......job done!!!!!!

Macerators have cutting blades, Grey water pumps don`t. The Sanivite must discharge in 32mm but the Grundfos C-3 can discharge through 21.5mm white waste pipe. Both manufactures state fitting a stand pipe with an air gap.

Sold the washing machine and bought a tin bath and wash board......job done!!!!!!

Can i join your skiffle band? :)

Seriously though post your location there may be somebody who can call round and get you going in the right direction. At the least, take note of rpm he knows his stuff with regard to the sanis etc.

The saga continues (thanks guy for all the help)!

After speaking to the technical department as SaniFlow, this was suggested.

Install a waste down pipe behind the washing machine (like a normal kitchen), and place the waste hose into it. Run the waste pipe around behind the kick boards using a 1/100 drop, and in to a Sanivite grey water pump fixed to the floor below the sink (cut hole in unit base). Then connect the Sanivite to a washing machine sink trap.

Don`t forget to factor in the distance between floor and side inlet when you do the 1/100 fall.

Bit of a mental design that. Wouldn't fancy a pump in my kitchen, they can be quite noisey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washine machine more than 5m from waste pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock