Search the forum,

Discuss Wanted gas training course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

markd

Hi
Is anybody selling a gas training course ? ( I have been told Brookhouse is a good one ?
As I have had zero luck in gaining full or part time work in Herefordshire I have even offered
to work for free ( So I am now looking at these training centers if anybody can offer any advice
please none of the sarky comments I do understand these fast track may not be the best way
to gain qualifications but I intend to take the gas training as I am sure I would stand more chance
in getting a full time job ( working for a gas engineer ?

Cheer`s

i know from many the only way you will get a job after completing these courses is by going self employed. unfortunately for you and to be fair quite rightly so an employer will not take anybody who doesn't have the relevant experience to go with the qualifications. i would look at something else to train as if i were you unless the idea of being self employed appeals to you and even you will struggle without experience.

Mark, I assume we are talking Brookhouse in cleckheaton west yorkshire, unless its a massive coincidence we have another Brookhouse in Herefordshire.
Assuming it is, I do my ACS at Brookhouse and think the whole set up is excellent and I know they do take people on from all over the country. The problem I think you will have is they place candidates with local firms which if you live 'darn sarth' could be a problem.
I total agree with JV above, you would probably end up going straight into being self employed.

I did it going straight into self employed, but it was very very tough. It can be done but think very carefully about whether you want to do this course and start your business straight off the back of it.

It's a much easier decision if you already run an established plumbing business and are looking to add gas to that.

I am currently at night school doing a gas course. Be warned. You need a gas portfolio of in my case 25/30 jobs in it signed off by a hrs engineer which I am really struggling to get as most engineers just say no. Spare a thought and make sure you can get this portfolio complete. Some colleges include a placement but sadly mine doesn't

Make some space in your inbox. I can't pm you as it says your allowance is full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wanted gas training course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. I have experience working in general property maintenance for a family business. I have completed a Level 2 technical...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hi I am a newly qualified gas engineer in Norwich and looking to gain some experience by working alongside someone. I am happy to travel a reasonable distance. Any advice would be gratefully received. thanks
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
Please can anyone help or point me in the right direcrion. I have recently completed a 18 month bpec management learning programme (apprenticeship) I am now qualified in CCN1, CENWAT, MET1, Unvented, CONGLP1PD. I need to get my CONGLP1-LAV as that is the work I am hoping to predominately do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock