Discuss Vokera Linea 25HE - rooms never reaching desired temp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

3.843p / kWh
24.56p standing charge per day

So, let's estimate that your heating was on for 2 * 7-hour periods during the 36 hour it cost £5. That means that while the heating as on it was consuming:

(500 p - 36/24 *24.56 p) / (3.843 p / kW hr) / ( 2* 7 hr ) = 8 kW

You would need about 6 hot radiators (4 ft W * 2ft H) blasting away to dissipate that much heat, more than I'd expect for a small flat with reasonable insulation at this time of year.

So, I wonder if you have a dripping hot-water tap or possibly a leak somewhere. This would explain your observation that the boiler is continually firing up throughout the night.

The boiler doesn't do that any more now that it's off during the night.

And no dripping taps.

5 rads in total in flat. Living Room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and hall. They are all single except for the living room which is a double.

The only other time something would be using gas is when the oven is on for dinner.

5 rads in total in flat. Living Room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and hall. They are all single except for the living room which is a double. The only other time something would be using gas is when the oven is on for dinner.

The gas oven is only going to be less than 10% of the total.

8kW for 7 hours a day is on the high-side but not impossible particularly if the adjacent flats are unoccupied.

It's possible that the meter is actually charging you more than 3.8p/ kW hr so you need to find out what volume of gas it is recording.

The explanation could simply be that you are living in a flat with very high heat losses and the rent should be lower to reflect this.

The only way to be sure would be to get a heating engineer to do a heat loss calculation, check the calibration of the meter and that system is operating correctly.

Reply to Vokera Linea 25HE - rooms never reaching desired temp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back