Search the forum,

Discuss Valliant 28kW or Worcester 30kW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

whazza22

Hi all

Debating between these 2 combi boilers to have installed in my house which is being re-plumbed.

The house is a 3 bed with lounge, kitchen, shower room (water main) and bathroom with 10.5kW electric shower.

Will the Valliant be man enough or should I go with the bigger Worcester? Obviously the Valliant is cheaper.

I am letting the property out to students so won't personally be living there.

Thanks

I would just go on your installers preferred boiler as he or she will know it very well.

Hi there whazza22 and welcome to the forum, out of the 2 I'd take the worcester which has 5 years warranty, however the new Ideal vogue 32kw is cheaper than the two you mentioned and I'd say superior in looks and build quality and has 7 years warranty, really worth a look,

Hi Kris, thanks. I was originally going to go with the Ideal 30kW but have heard alot of bad things about them. Have you experienced any problems with them?

Remember ideal 30 kW isn't a boiler Ideal is the make and they have loads of different 30kw models I.e ideal icos , ideal logic ideal vogue, etc so the vogue is the newest one ,, I fitted one last week and I've gotta say I'm defo moving from worcester to ideal , I was well impressed with the design and software the vogue has,,

To be fair vaillant are good, dont and never have liked the worcester design. My favourite boiler , as many on here are sick of hearing ....viessmann

I have to agree with Kris, Ideal is a great product and 7 years extended warranty.

I used to be WB through and through but lost the love for them as they are overpriced.

The Valliant is cheaper than WB

Just from my experience.

Worcester, vaillant , ideal , viessmanns , baxi are all great boiler manufacturers in there own right, it's purely down to our experiences we have with these brands, I've fitted a lot of boilers in 20 years , recently it's been mostly Worcesters and Ideals but in the past have been a wide variation of brands including , vaillant ,glowworm baxi , and even lower brands like basia,ariston ( supplied new by customer , not my choice )
The ideal logic plus is a decent boiler and comes with a 7 year warranty, Worcesters well they are known as a top dog and I was Worcester daft but I've seen big changes in there models but the cdi Classic boiler 29,34,38 or 42kw models is a great boiler, but with having fitted loads of them I have been swayed to the new ideal vogue,
What model is it your looking at ?

if you put in a 28 kW boiler and your filling the sink for dishes, if someone opens the basin hot water tap in the bathroom then the 2 outlets will die considerably, for 28kw you'll receive around 10-11 litres per minute but if you go for a 34 kW then you'll get 14 litres per minute, and because theses boilers are modulating then it's not like your oversizing,

Thanks Kris

The Ideal one I have been looking at is the Ideal Logic+ 30kW.

Alot cheaper than the Valliant Eco Pro 28kW and Worcester 30kW

if you put in a 28 kW boiler and your filling the sink for dishes, if someone opens the basin hot water tap in the bathroom then the 2 outlets will die considerably, for 28kw you'll receive around 10-11 litres per minute but if you go for a 34 kW then you'll get 14 litres per minute, and because theses boilers are modulating then it's not like your oversizing,
Cheers.

May need to to for the larger one then :)

worcester have bought their good name in the past and now keep good ratings as they advertise a lot and loads get fitted by british gas and there subsideries which also sell service contracts along side so mostly people dont complain if its not costing them in one hit although they are paying a premium via the service contracts
the cdi range are a good boiler but the si and juniors are mediocre inmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valliant 28kW or Worcester 30kW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock