Discuss Vaillant EcoTec 831 - How to configure for economy in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Apologies at start for long post but trying to give as much info as possible,

Home - detached bungalow build 1989, cavity wall insulation, loft had extra in 2008, doubled glazed, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom.
Size is Width 35 feet, length 32 feet, room height 8ft.

7 Radiators installed 1995 plus 1 towel rail. 5 have TRV valves set at 3.. 2 no valves, lounge where room stat and kitchen.

Boiler replaced in 2011 when had magnaclean added and hotflush and sentinel x100 in system.

Room Stat - Vaillant VRT350F - in analogue mode, in lounge 5ft up wall - receiver in front of boiler RF signal 9. Set to 20c

settings on boiler

D0 - I believe with above if my calcualations right - 12, 15(read pump flicks to 2nd speed at 14.4) and the default 24. please advise best setting
D1 - set to 8
D2 - 20 (default)
d71 - 75 (default)

the d40 and d41 varies as the VRT stat does seem to modulate it.. can be as low as 40 or as high as 75.

at the moment d40 - 75, d41 - 59

I am using approx 75Kwh a day by end of the day. Even when stat reads 20 and stays at that all the hour, the boiler is kicking in and out and uses approx 3.5Kwh during that hour

Any help/advice be much appreciated.. Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Vaillant EcoTec 831 - How to configure for economy in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock