Discuss Useless foam washer on waste outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Probably resurrecting an old topic. I am of the opinion that the foam washers supplied with waste outlets are a total waste of time. I read suggestions of forget the washer and use silicon, boss white etc etc.
Anybody have a definitive solution. The one I am trying to fix without leaking is a 1 1/2 on a bath. Is a McAlpine so reasonable make but that foam washer does just not look thick enough to do anything.

I believe it is to absorb any irregularity in the casting of the porcelain of the basin / sink.
Thumbs down for silicone from me (see old thread)...

Use the foam washer on mcalpines

It is so thin in my opinion does not fill the gap between the profile of the waste and the profile of the bath. If it was a bit thicker might actually work.

Should compress when you tighten

Always chuck it in the bin and use silicone. Fits down closer to the bath/basin and does not leak ( leave for few hours before testing).
If job is just change this and nothing more, then use stixall or ct1 as can be tested straight away without compromise.

Reply to Useless foam washer on waste outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock