Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented system appears to be losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for lack of proper terminology, I don't know much about this-
We recently had our bathrooms re-done, but not sure if this will be related.

This pressure gauge seems to lose pressure (black needle has dropped)-

When I turn the two little black valves to the left, the black needle rises.

However, a couple of days later, it's returned to where it is now.

There's no obvious signs of a leak anywhere.... no water through ceiling, or anything like that.

The water pressure also seems ok on taps.

Any ideas what else could be causing this?
Or anything else I should be looking for?

Attachments

• rsz_yufb3vz.jpg
    rsz_yufb3vz.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 41
This could be a number of things. It will be on the heating side as you say and could be a leak at a radiator or one of the safety devices doing its job. Best advice would be to get an engineer out to take a look

thanks for the reply!
i've checked the rads for obvious leaks -
Only thing I've noticed is one (just one) doesn't get warm at all, which is a bit weird

I'm covered by british gas, so think they'll get a call in the morning!

Yeah best way mate. It will hopefully he something simple. Let us know how you get on

Check for leaks with system cold. Slight leaks often evaporate on hot pipework. Rise pressure to 2 bar and spread newspaper below boiler in case that is source of leak. Leave for one hour then with bright light inspect valves on radiators especially the spindle and any compression fittings for sign of leakage. Reduce pressure to 1 bar by venting at radiator before turning heating back on.
If you fail to find leak or spot on newspaper indicates boiler, call in Gas Safe Engineer( as above).

Have you checked for signs of water discharge from the pipe leading away from the red headed valve under the pressure gauge in your photo ? You may need to go out doors to find its end.

So long as the gauge does not drop any lower that that shown you should be OK but it might be a sign that something need adjusting on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented system appears to be losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock