Discuss Unvented Immersion Heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Ok, I've posted something about this before but I'm still not sure about it... So....

b65efc501f206d2b5e8d67bc9b88ce85.jpg

To test the stat, I put my meter in the two small brass holes next to the neutral wire??? Which set on continuity should be zero when the stat is set to minimum (or temp satisfied) and a reading if set to high (or temp is not satisfied).

To test the element I do as I would with a standard immersion.. Take off the neutral and measure ohms which should be between 18-20..

Only, I tested two today (not the same ones as the pic) and I was getting 6 ohms but the element worked fine.

I just want to know WTF is going on!!!?????

Am I doing something wrong here???

Jay, i will check in the morning unless sombody follows this. Live wire screw goes to the bottom brass hole / rivet thing.
Neutral wire screw goes to the upper brass hole / rivet thing .
Another way is just buy a stat to use as a tester, as you know they just plug in, plug it in and check via a clamp meter that the live wire is 'pulling'

As for the ohms check on the immersion heater , I used to do the check, but tbh hardly ever bother these days in my experience they either work or dont .

As for the ohms check on the immersion heater , I used to do the check, but tbh hardly ever bother these days in my experience they either work or dont .

+1 if they have power they should work, unless high limit stat has **** in

Ohhhhh ok, it makes sense now.. I thought by taking out the neutral wire on the stat and putting the meter on the contacts I could test the resistance of the immersion.. Didn't realise I had to take the stat off..

Duh!!!

Cheers mate, much appreciated ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented Immersion Heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock