Discuss Unvented Faults in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colin68

I have a customer with an unvented cylinder .. don't think the numpty has ever had his unvented system serviced .. hot water is discharged from his system into the tundish with a regular steady dribble .. can anyone pin-point the problem or is it a case of following the manufacturers guide.

Have you done yer unvented ticket cos if not leave it alone and find someone who has

nope not done yet (next on my list) .... don't intend to touch it but customer wants me to find a guy who has and sort a quote for it .. I just wanted to understand better for my own interests :)

Hey Colin68, It's a pressure/temperature fault that would need investigating by someone who know's the score!

could be a few reasons really most likely is some one has fiddled with either the pressure tempreature relief valve or the pressure relief valve on the group set and some grit has got on the seal, or there is a fault on the group set alowing to much pressure into the cylinder or there could be to much heat getting into the cylinder and the temperature side of the pressure temperature relief valve has failed its an endless list if you need a hand PM me I am local to ya and give me yer number, I am not looking for work as I am busy but I may be able to help

Thanks unguided1 .. I am in Finstock and my neighbour has this problem also with a Heatrae Megaflow unit .. IM me your mob number and co details (if you don't mind) I'll pass them on and perhaps you can get a couple of servicing/repair jobs for sometime in the future and we can keep a couple of customers happy .. It's worth a try me thinks :) .. would of course love to be there and observe :)

My bet would be expanssion vessel charge has gone or requires replacing.

My bet would be expanssion vessel charge has gone or requires replacing.
Im with tackleburger on this. First thought would be ex. vessel needing re-pressurised/replaced or, depending on cylinder, bubble requires re-instating.

Ev or prv or inlet valve fail for me ..... Hey let unguided1 fined outhim self :)
Let us k ow unguided if u get the job !
many many complains from mega-flows This days
Day will go dawn as leader on market :)

If it's a Megaflo then the air gap may just need regenerating.The instructions are on the side of the cylinder.

I would say the air bubble just needs recharging if it is a mega flow as the t/p normmaly drips when it needs recharging!

Ev or prv or inlet valve fail for me ..... Hey let unguided1 fined outhim self :)
Let us k ow unguided if u get the job !
many many complains from mega-flows This days
Day will go dawn as leader on market :)

Hi Safegasinstall

I had a chat with Colin68 today and he has 2 unvented cylinders that need attention so we are going to look at them both as soon as we can sort out some time, one is a megaflo so i am hoping it is just the bubble needs recharging, the second one is a valiant one, and that sounds like it might be a new prv but I wont know till inspecting it, let yer know when we have done em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented Faults in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back