Discuss Undersized radiator? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have had some old radiators replaced. Having checked the btu calculation myself, the new radiator is slightly undersized. It should have been 6150 btus, and the k1 rad that has been fitted (the required width in order to fit the old pipes) is 6025 btus. Output wise the next rad up would be a p+ which has a rating of 8367btus. Is the k1 rad ok, as the alternative is much bigger than required. Thoughts please!

I tend to fit over the odds , but new regs say fit as for ashp, you have trv"s fitted so you can dail down.

Reply to Undersized radiator? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a slightly undersized radiator in my living room. The calculation says 6315 btus and my rad is 6019 btus. It was a replacement radiator...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an 20yrs heat only potterton 50e boiler with 196x old house - suspended floor - designer radiators, open vent system and hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi I've been to a customer today that has a 9 year old baxi duo tec40kw boiler,it runs 20 radiator that all work fine,they have 2 bathrooms and 1...
Replies
Views
Morning all. I hope this is the correct place for this post. If not i'll happily move it to another forum area. I am renovating a property and...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock