Search the forum,

Discuss Under floor heating system issue in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. Hoping for some advice. Yesterday I did have an authorised tech round whom fitted a new control board and electrode/cable and my DUO TEC Compact+ 24 GA came back to life but things are not going as expected and unfortunately I am in Lithuania full time since lockdown and do not speak lithuanian so it's impossible to have a conversation about it. After the work yesterday the tech said to leave the heating temp high till the floor warms up. So at 9PM I lowered the temp to 32c. At 11PM before bed I checked it and it was around 68c and running constant without shutting off. I thought the lowest temp you could set it to was 25 so I set it to 25 and it still did not shut off. I then looked at my original documentation in the configuration section to see if I could find something to check which may be causing the issue. P10 stuck out as it determines what controls the heating set point. P10 was set to 00 but I have no external t-stat so I set it to 01 and at 32c setpoint it then shut off the heating cycle. Thought I had it sussed so went to bed. In the middle of the night my wife (pregnant 8 months in) woke up hot and looked at the boiler which was at 58, she turned it down to 20c and it went off. This struck a cord with me as I'm sure the last board had a lowest set point of 25 but this one goes down to 00. So this morning I set P10 back to 00 with the temp at 15c. I then increased the set point a degree at a time waiting a few seconds in between each change. When i got to twenty I stopped and watched the temp. As the temp slowly dropped the heating came back on at 34.7 and slowly climbed to 51.3 and it just hovered right around there for a good 10 minutes before I dropped setpoint to 15c and it has been at this setpoint for about 10 min with the temp slowly dropping which is at 33.7 now, lower than when it kicked on set at 20. Not sure when it will kick back on so I will give it a few hours and check it. So, the way it seems to be working is that I set it to a set point, the boiler kicks on heating when it measures about 15c over that set point then gets it up to about 30c over the setpoint and maintains it there. The way I thought it was suppose to work is it kicks on a few degrees under setpoint, gets up to setpoint then runs for the 3 minutes more after reaching it and then shuts off to again monitor temp for next cycle. Any help would be VERY appreciated as my wife is very nervous... I am a little but she is in full on ready to have a baby mode.

Reply to Under floor heating system issue in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock