Search the forum,

Discuss Two convicted for boiler install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subby

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Two convicted for boiler install
Hotel boss Steve Linsell had been on holiday in November 2013 when he was told his guests had no hot water, so contacted his friend Mr Outtridge, who trades as EH & D Outtridge.

A new boiler was ordered and installed by Mr Outtridge during his lunch break, according to Mr Wilson’s response to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

HSE prosecutor Susan Matthews told the court Mr Outtridge was asked to carry out safety checks on gas appliances at the hotel, but did not use registered engineers.

“He asked two complete strangers who he met at a builders’ merchant who happened to be wearing Gas Safe logos. He paid them £50 cash and left them unsupervised at the hotel. He was unable to provide names or contact details to show they were registered and competent,” said Ms Matthews.

The boiler was later classed as “at risk, a danger to life or property”, with inadequate ventilation in the store room, a wrongly- sized pipe and no cleaning access, the court was told.

Ms Matthews said the landlord thought his appliances were safe, but had been deceived by fraudulent gas safety reports from the two people recruited by Mr Wilson.

Last edited:
He did well to fit it in his lunch hour though, talk about a speedy install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Two convicted for boiler install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock