Discuss trainee plumber ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Allsopp

Hello guys
iv just registured to the site looking for help and advice

Im 22 years of age and fed up of dead end jobs and im wanting to have a sucessful carrear in the plumbing trade
iv always wanted to be a plumber but been young and dump i opted for a full time job at 16 , i look back at my life and have nothing to show for it which i am sick of!

my question to you guys would be what would be the best option to get my foot in door and start something i want to learn i have a small ammount of experience as i was working with a mulity trader befor he lost his contract ,
i think to my slef i am too old to be an apprentice now and wish i could turn back time to been 16 again
is 22 too old to learn to be a plumber ? and what would be my best option ?

Thank you for takeing the time to read my post
Dale
From Rotherham

is 22 too old to learn to be a plumber ? and what would be my best option ?

if you take the slow route and go through college expect it to take 4 years to be qualified with gas and plumbing.
but you would also need to get work with someone to be able to progress properly.
so start asking local to you, if anyone wants a hand.
22 is not to old, unless you plan to retire at 30??

I started my apprenticeship at 22, yeah it takes 4 years but you will know what your doing at the end of it. Still loads to learn but then you should always look to learn more.

First things first, get down the college and see what courses are available and what sponsorship you can get....I was funded for the first 3 years and only had to pay for the last!

second you need to get employed as an apprentice, try and get on with someone who does a Variety of things, plumbing heating gas guttering bathrooms and alike, don't get stuck with a service breakdown engineer, they know their stuff but it's not going to give you the depth of knowledge you need.

Hope per that helps a bit and good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to trainee plumber ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock