Discuss Toilet not draining. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Resolute

Hi Folks,

Had a blocked toilet in a pub tonight. Got the blockage to clear with a plunger and tried using a bailey rod but the toilet still isn't flushing properly. The water fills the bowl properly but doesn't drain quickly. I was told that this has been happening over the last couple of days (before blocking) and that air seemed to come up from within the toilet.

I'm guessing that there is either a more serious blockage somewhere in the soil pipe that needs to be removed/broken up or that the vent pipe is blocked. :confused:

Would be grateful for any advice on what others think is most likely to be the problem and the best way to resolve it.

Cheers,
Resolute.

is it the last in a series of say three,or on its own ,is there no service entrance on soil/vent pipe?
But your right with the blockage somewhere else.

It's the only toilet (apart from urinals) in the gents. Unsure if it shares the same vent pipe as the toilet from upstairs will check today.

I'll try rodding it again and see if I can find an excess point and try from there too.

Had another look, toilet upstairs on the same stack works fine but toilet downstairs is still slow to drain. I'm guessing a blockage somewhere between the toilet and stack (fair distance between them). Gonna lift the manhole cover and look there.

Make sure it isn't a syphonic pan with knackered aspirator washer ? sorry resolute I don't know your experience if you have already checked.

Cheers guys. It's not a syphonic toilet although the one upstairs is and it's the only syphonic toilet I've seen!

The blockage was a good couple of meters past the manhole. All cleared but a lot of scale from the urinal - drain from that is half closed so will have to be jetted soon.

Thanks the help the folks.

A blocked toilet in a pub, how long did we have to train to do these:p

Dread answering the phone in August and hearing the words "blocked Toilet" "English bar" "Arenal":eek:

I think it was 38p a gallon when I started driving ...

Just got my calculator out - £1.38 a gallon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet not draining. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock