Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet flange leak in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

got a bit of a problem. Had a blockage in toilet but sorted ok now. But this flange has started leaking and wondered if it could be fixed or has it got to be replaced as it looks very old?. Does anyone know what is made of?

Attachments

• CD726755-384A-4650-B727-FC5D6D1A81B4.jpeg
    CD726755-384A-4650-B727-FC5D6D1A81B4.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 13
I take it it’s leaking from the hole? Looks like sealant of some kind has been used, if you need to replace the pan connector, do so, and re-fill, using a sand/cement mix. If it’s just the hole, it might be the blockage isn’t fully clear? But sand/cement would be used to fill.

I take it it’s leaking from the hole? Looks like sealant of some kind has been used, if you need to replace the pan connector, do so, and re-fill, using a sand/cement mix. If it’s just the hole, it might be the blockage isn’t fully clear? But sand/cement would be used to fill.
Hi thanks for your reply. The hole wasn’t there before the blockage but i noticed this morning it was leaking on the floor. then when I used a plunger it sucked that bit in. Now when I flush I can see in the hole that it weeps a bit but not severe. I might just take the connector pipe out to make sure it’s not blocked and then do as you say and fill it with sand and cement mix.

Well just an update on my situation that I have now rectified. Basically the pipe was blocked and as previous owner had used a 4” connecting pipe to a 3.5” iron pipe so was not gas/water tight and the blockage was causing the water to come out the unsealed pipe.

Reply to Toilet flange leak in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock