Currently reading:
Toilet feed leak

Discuss Toilet feed leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Good start to a Sunday. The feed to the toilet has started to leak. I have closed the valve but thats as much as i've done. Google tells me this part is prone to leaking? Any suggestions would be great, thanks

IMG-20160724-WA0000.jpg

Cheers guys. Slight update I think I may have tightened it too much as it now looks like theres a crack in the thread. Simple parts?

There's a good chance the crack was there before you touched it and was what was causing the leak. I've been to so many jobs where the plastic tail on the valve has degraded and a crack has appeared even though the pipe is properly clipped and undisturbed. If a toilet comes with a plastic tail on the inlet I bin it and use a Fluidmaster with brass shank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet feed leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock