Discuss Thermistor problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
:disappointed:Hi first time user needing advice on boiler problem. Vokera HE32 boiler developed return thermistor fault ( AL73 ). Do i need to drain whole system or can boiler be drained only, through drain valve ? So i can replace faulty thermistor Also noticed rads not fully hot at bottom. Will require clean and flush but no draining valve fitted on lowest rad. Will drain and fit one when i have a bit more time but at moment thermister fault is priority. All advise welcome.

Last edited:
:welcome:Hello Bravehearts,

First advice is get someone qualified to do the work, however
if you can isolate the flow and return at the boiler there is no need to drain the complete system.

Hi Simon

Thanks for your quick response. Having looked at it again i will drain whole system as it does need a clean and i do need a radiator valve with a drain off fitted to make life easier when i clean and flush it. Your probably right about getting someone qualified to do the work but times are hard and i am a competent diy'er with many years of learning from my mistakes.:oops:

Last edited:
Hi Simon

Thanks for your quick response. Having looked at it again i will drain whole system as it does need a clean and i do need a radiator valve with a drain off fitted to make life easier when i clean and flush it. Your probably right about getting someone qualified to do the work but times are hard and i am a competent diy'er with many years of learning from my mistakes.:oops:

Best of luck with the gas. If you kill your family or neighbours. Don't worry because it's just trail and error
(sarcasm)

Gas kills. Just get someone qualified in!

Best of luck with the gas. If you kill your family or neighbours. Don't worry because it's just trail and error
(sarcasm)

Gas kills. Just get someone qualified in!

Not touching gas don't worry water only. Mains off fuse out , mains water off drain system remove thermistor electrical plug remove retaining clip remove thermistor then reverse for new part. refill system and bleed. Jobs a good un.

hes only taking the cover off the boiler(which is illegal), but no hes not touching the gas, good luck mateyyyy. o and are you sure you got the order on how to remove and re-fit the thermistor correct?( all the guys who do this will know what im on about lol).

Fair play to you mate. alot of people out there not qualified to change brake pads but still do it!! and they could also kill there whole family, but thats not really what the sites supposed to be about. thermistors are easy enough to change. wouldnt require much more skill than lets say wiring up a plug (which im sure your not supposed to do either)

Fair play to you mate. alot of people out there not qualified to change brake pads but still do it!! and they could also kill there whole family, but thats not really what the sites supposed to be about. thermistors are easy enough to change. wouldnt require much more skill than lets say wiring up a plug (which im sure your not supposed to do either)
Last time I looked there was no regulations in place governing the working on cars.

Regs or no regs there still both dangerous. dont get me wrong it should be sorted by a gsr but if he hasnt got the money to get it sorted through the correct channels then you cant expect a guy to just go without and not get it sorted.

Thanks to everybody who replied. Job done and no problems encountered. I seem to have stirred up a hornets nest with my post. Just for the record my comment about many years of learning from my mistakes was my attempt at humour !!!. I have been doing diy for over 20 years including fitting a full kitchen plus all plumbing and electrical work, fitting out a bathroom including all plumbing and electrical work. I have drained and flushed my central heating many times over the years plus fitted many a radiator. I am in no way an expert but i am competent. If i am unsure i will ask if i am still unsure i will get someone in. I've changed parts in my boiler before but not parts that required draining the boiler eg fan. i simply wanted to know if i could drain the appliance without draining the central heating. Would never touch anything that involved gas.
And Hardy1 i get your point slight mix-up but i did do it in the correct order. Thanks again to all who replied.:grouphug:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermistor problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock