Search the forum,

Discuss The Daddy of Gas Training Manuals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aqua Mechanica

As it says in the title, I'm looking for the best manual for learning the trade and passing the exams.

I'm a plumber of 5 years and finally thought I'd sort my self out and get my domestic gas quals.

I have read two manuals so far, one from Viper Gas which is pretty damn good (but maybe out of date - 2005) and also a two year old manual from learn-a-trade.

So far haven't seen an official Gas Safe Register manual but then they don't do training, or exams, they just take the cash so you're registered.

So folks, any recommendations on some good study materials?

Thanks for any replies

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend the corgi range of books, check them out on corgi direct. Your local training center will have plenty of learning information which will be availalbe to you when you take the course. Dont buy second hand/out of date books as they will have parts that are not up to date with current regulations.

CORGI's Essential Gas Safety is my favourite book, but that being said, I used Viper and the NICEIC books as well. Each explained things just that little bit differently and some covered topics that others didn't.

Sorry the page you requested was not foundhese do book which are great

Well I bought the NICEIC domestic books this evening and have also got some of the corgi work books and the essential book. Have already got my Viper book, so I think I've nailed it.

P.S, fuzzy, your link doesn't work ;-)

NICEIC books are brilliant, clear and a good read by the way, nice one

i would recomened, EGS Corgi Book, DNG Viper book (up to date edition)<< bloody brilliant, i wouldnt be sitting here with the knowledge i know now without this book, i would buy that 1, also internet resources, hope this helps.

for passing the exam's all you need is the big G1 book that they will give you anyways. As for learning the trade I think hands on is better than any book but grab a nvq2/nvq3 plumbing book has all systems layouts and what not.

yes they give you a book free when you do your ACS , There is so much in it that you will never use all of it , brain damage imho .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Daddy of Gas Training Manuals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock