Discuss The Butcher, The Baker , The Candle Stick Maker..where is the real plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure what makes a combi boiler a combi boiler- we have one our selves but the flat has no gas. We dont have a tank at all. combis dont have tanks do they?

Has this always been a problem or recently developed?? The design of the system might not be the problem if it once worked ok

Thanks for the offer to take a look- lots have done so , done their bit and still left us with a problem. Would you be prepared to only do work if you can guarantee you can solve the problem. We are running out of money )o:

I work in council properties and as you can imagen most are flats. You have a gravity fed system, as you have no attic I am guessing is a combined hot water cyliner either a fortic or sea gull system. I am affraid both are no good as they rely on head (distance in height between the tank and the output ie the tap). For example if the tank is 1m above the tap you will only get 0.1 bar of pressure which is rubbish, if your tank is 10m above the tap you willl get 1.0 bar of pressure which is good. if there is no way of getting the head, your best bet is to install a combi (mains fed) boiler. Sometime you get scale bluid up in the cylinder but as you've had a new tank this is not possible. Before you have a combi fitted you could check the hot water out on the new cylinder is not blocked with scale. Combi would sort this!

as theres no gas an electric unvented or thermal store would probably be more suitable than an electric combi especially if ecom seven is fitted?

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer to take a look- lots have done so , done their bit and still left us with a problem. Would you be prepared to only do work if you can guarantee you can solve the problem. We are running out of money )o:

Of course, I don't charge for failure!

No idea Skelly we were not the first people to buy it
Well ask your son if he had this problem when he first moved in. If he says no, then something has changed for this problem to of happened. If he says yes then an alteration to the ststem may be needed. A change of system is likely to be expensive for you though

You need to delete some of your personal messages before I can answer your last one. D

You need to delete some of your personal messages before I can answer your last one. D

Thank you see you tomorrow in Harlow 10.30 am please ask my son for the parking permit to avoid getting a ticket

in passing we have a water main burst in our road and they are trying to fix it jut now. Can we use our combi boiler heating atm safely with all water cut off?

Last edited by a moderator:
i went to a flat today and above the cylinder is a header tank unsuprisingly they run it dry and air lock the system

Thanks to Mountainman for visiting us in Harlow today to look at our plumbing problem
Nice to meet you and hope to hear from you soon..when you send the quote please include your full address as we have to keep strict records of who does what to satisfy insurance and to ensure we can follow up a job (should it needs further attention) we will need your full business or domestic address on file. As you say nothing can happen right away but hope you have a good Christmas and we see you in New Year. If you decide the job is not appealing or not worth your trouble please be honest. We will understand. Thanks Mr & Mrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Butcher, The Baker , The Candle Stick Maker..where is the real plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock