Discuss the bare faced cheek of some customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumben

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Had a customer ask me to fit a shower screen to his bath,

Replied and asked when would he be available for me to come and fit

Got a reply saying tomorrow or Saturday will £20 be enough

To which I replied with an estimate as I haven't seen the screen of between £40-60

He then replied saying how about £30 and a bacon on toast and two cups of tea.

Some people will try anything to get the price down

I'd take the bacon and tea. But that's why my trousers are snug and my wallets empty.

I once fitted two radiators for a hold of the baby and a roast dinner. To be fair were close friends but still...

Had a customer ask me to fit a shower screen to his bath,

Replied and asked when would he be available for me to come and fit

Got a reply saying tomorrow or Saturday will £20 be enough

To which I replied with an estimate as I haven't seen the screen of between £40-60

He then replied saying how about £30 and a bacon on toast and two cups of tea.

Some people will try anything to get the price down

Get it all the time

Glad it's not just me

tell him you will fit it for £55 and you will bring him a micmac and coffee on your way there!!

I once fitted two radiators for a hold of the baby and a roast dinner. To be fair were close friends but still...

the baby yours tho :D

Had one this morning. Got rid of a tap airlock in all of about 5 mins. New customer so what I tend to do is just say £10 for fuel as I had a job literally just round the corner. Bloke wasn't even going to reach for his wallet and was ushering me to the door

Had one this morning. Got rid of a tap airlock in all of about 5 mins. New customer so what I tend to do is just say £10 for fuel as I had a job literally just round the corner. Bloke wasn't even going to reach for his wallet and was ushering me to the door

No way, if I get a simple job & it's quick I ask minimum. If they start to take the rise do you really want to be going back? No chance, do it cheap once they expect it from then on

I had a classic yesterday quoted a job about 4 weeks ago full heat pack and they were wanting it for pita , decided against doing it as was getting bad vibe from them however they harassed me and badgered me.
In the end i blagged them said had things needed to sort out so they got someone else i know in to do it.(from what i hear they were a nightmare)

last night get a call about 9 ish from this mob asking me to come top the boiler pressure up as its dropped a bit ,and guess what they want it for nothing!!!!

Ha, no way.

It's hard to say no when you get that bad feeling. But usually it's the right thing to do

Not quite in this order but I would have asked for the 30quid, the butty, a blowjob, and a go on his wife. And a cup of tea.

Well, what if the wife wasn't a looker? Risky business that, as well as asking him for a bj. I don't swing that way
Eeeeewwww...

Did you get anything

so you want a blow job from the husband the way that reads?????????????????????????????

No way, if I get a simple job & it's quick I ask minimum. If they start to take the rise do you really want to be going back? No chance, do it cheap once they expect it from then on
to be honest 98% of the time that tactic works wonders with some of the oldies around here. I have gained at least three full heating installs and two boiler swaps. Not to mention bathrooms and silly little jobs like tap re-seating. As they say though you can't win em all. It was really the fact that he was angling toward paying nothing.

As I said mate. Little rapport builder. If I hadn't got another job literally two mins down the road he'd have got a full hours charge. With a lot of these olds it's about getting in favour, a foot in the door and building trust and you'd be surprised what they come back with jobs wise

As I said mate. Little rapport builder. If I hadn't got another job literally two mins down the road he'd have got a full hours charge. With a lot of these olds it's about getting in favour, a foot in the door and building trust and you'd be surprised what they come back with jobs wise

I totally agree with this but always give a minimum charge even if its just a £10 but you can usually tell when there tight and I stick to my minimum but usually they'll stick a £20 in yeah hand

Where abouts in the south are you Riley?

I had a classic yesterday quoted a job about 4 weeks ago full heat pack and they were wanting it for pita , decided against doing it as was getting bad vibe from them however they harassed me and badgered me.
In the end i blagged them said had things needed to sort out so they got someone else i know in to do it.(from what i hear they were a nightmare)

last night get a call about 9 ish from this mob asking me to come top the boiler pressure up as its dropped a bit ,and guess what they want it for nothing!!!!

Ha ha ha...Im sure you immediately put down your tea, turned the TV off, shoulder barged your wife out of the way and Forest Gump runned straight round there to top up their boiler for no money.

Full hour charge each time ,sick to death of customers telling me things like I have a bathroom to do next year if you cheap enough on this ! If we were all cheap we would be bankrupt before the end of the year.

I totally agree with this but always give a minimum charge even if its just a £10 but you can usually tell when there tight and I stick to my minimum but usually they'll stick a £20 in yeah hand

Oh yeah I totally agree. If he'd allowed me to mention this whilst ushering me to the door. It was laughable really. Just as well his wife knew the score

Full hour charge each time ,sick to death of customers telling me things like I have a bathroom to do next year if you cheap enough on this ! If we were all cheap we would be bankrupt before the end of the year.

My biggest hate is when you price in to do a job the correct way to meet all the regs and do a proper job, but someone undercuts you because there just going to lash everything in and not meet the regs

Why Surrey? Bit of a drive that!

Tell me about it mate!!! The Mrs lives there for work in redhill. So I'm doing some miles as I dont have enough work to be up there full time

So we have places in Guildford, Esher, Croydon, Woking and Crawley, and none of them are close enough for you?

Feck me, they'll want deliveries next!

I'm in Oxshott which is kind of central to a few of these. Will be relying on sat nav a lot I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to the bare faced cheek of some customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi what's the best advice in dealing with a leak in a customers house? 1. Stripped out bathroom suite, installed 1st fix shower pipes in stud...
Replies
Views
Hello just joined and my 1st post on here . My friend has had a new combi boiler fitted then asked the same engineer a few months later to...
Replies
Views
Well, this is a new one on me. Has anyone got any thoughts on the following? I completed a bathroom job and invoiced for the last portion of...
Replies
Views
Hi all - apologies in advance for the essay. Posted a week or two ago about a botched shower job and had some really helpful replies (tray...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock