Search the forum,

Discuss taps keep stopping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iainmness

Hi,
Last year I had a B&Q bathroom suite fitted in my bathroom. Both the sink (Treviso Basin Mixer) and the bath (Treviso Bath Filler) hot water taps keep stopping when they are not turned on full, which is very annoying. I have a combi boiler supplying these but it also supplies the kitchen tap which has never done this. Can anyone suggest whether this is caused by cheap taps or whether the boiler needs adjusted some how?

Thanks, Iain.

If all other hot water taps are working correctly, it will defo be the taps you bought from b&q

the insides are getting warm and something is expanding inside the taps to reduce the flow.

Yeah its those b&q taps,no doubt about it,i had it before,thought it was the tmv before the taps strangling them,turns out it was the taps.

the insides are getting warm and something is expanding inside the taps to reduce the flow.

Thanks for replying guys. Do you think it could it be rubber washers causing this then? If so I could hopefully swap them out. Iain

Buy a box of Bristan tap Reviver kit and see weather that cures the problem, dead easy to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to taps keep stopping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock