Search the forum,

Discuss Tap attachment for countertop dishwasher pops off after 10-15 minutes in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey guys,

I recently bought a countertop dishwasher for my mother, just to make her life a little easier.

It's an ElectriQ EQDWTTS. IMG-20210612-181457 - https://ibb.co/tpMsg5m

I also got an attachment to fit it to her kitchen tap. It's definitely the right size. This is what the attachment looks like and what the tap looks like.

I attach it to the tap, switch the dishwasher on, start a run, wait until it engages, then turn on the tap.

We can hear water flowing into the dishwasher and it begins washing the dishes. After approximately 10 minutes it stops taking in water and pressure quickly builds up and the attachment pops off of the tap.
A few minutes after that, the dishwasher drains and tries to refill, but no longer has access to the water since the pipe has popped off.

I thought maybe at first I didn't need to turn the tap on at the beginning, but if I don't do that, it never fills in the first place.

Are we doing something wrong?
We could really use some advice on this.

Thanks guys.

Because the wing nut band can’t grip tight enough for the amount of pressure when the fill is finished. You may need another way of attacking to the tap

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.
The water pressure is high enough to cause the adaptor to slide off the polished tap spout.
Are you making sure the metal band that you tighten is positioned at the top of the rubber part before you tighten it up? Also of course the tighter you can make it, the more pressure it will withstand before popping off!
Otherwise, if you can unscrew the aerator at the tip of the tap, you might find a screw on adaptor to fit, like this sort of thing: Indoor Threaded Tap Connector | Hozelock Ltd - https://www.hozelock.com/product/indoor-threaded-tap-connector/

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.
The water pressure is high enough to cause the adaptor to slide off the polished tap spout.
Are you making sure the metal band that you tighten is positioned at the top of the rubber part before you tighten it up? Also of course the tighter you can make it, the more pressure it will withstand before popping off!
Otherwise, if you can unscrew the aerator at the tip of the tap, you might find a screw on adaptor to fit, like this sort of thing: Indoor Threaded Tap Connector | Hozelock Ltd - https://www.hozelock.com/product/indoor-threaded-tap-connector/

Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately, we have been fastening it as tightly as we can, as high up as we can.

I will have a go at unscrewing the aerator and directly attach the pipe! I hope this works.

Reply to Tap attachment for countertop dishwasher pops off after 10-15 minutes in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock