Search the forum,

Discuss Tap attachment for countertop dishwasher pops off after 10-15 minutes in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey guys,

I recently bought a countertop dishwasher for my mother, just to make her life a little easier.

It's an ElectriQ EQDWTTS. IMG-20210612-181457 - https://ibb.co/tpMsg5m

I also got an attachment to fit it to her kitchen tap. It's definitely the right size. This is what the attachment looks like and what the tap looks like.

I attach it to the tap, switch the dishwasher on, start a run, wait until it engages, then turn on the tap.

We can hear water flowing into the dishwasher and it begins washing the dishes. After approximately 10 minutes it stops taking in water and pressure quickly builds up and the attachment pops off of the tap.
A few minutes after that, the dishwasher drains and tries to refill, but no longer has access to the water since the pipe has popped off.

I thought maybe at first I didn't need to turn the tap on at the beginning, but if I don't do that, it never fills in the first place.

Are we doing something wrong?
We could really use some advice on this.

Thanks guys.

Because the wing nut band can’t grip tight enough for the amount of pressure when the fill is finished. You may need another way of attacking to the tap

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.
The water pressure is high enough to cause the adaptor to slide off the polished tap spout.
Are you making sure the metal band that you tighten is positioned at the top of the rubber part before you tighten it up? Also of course the tighter you can make it, the more pressure it will withstand before popping off!
Otherwise, if you can unscrew the aerator at the tip of the tap, you might find a screw on adaptor to fit, like this sort of thing: Indoor Threaded Tap Connector | Hozelock Ltd - https://www.hozelock.com/product/indoor-threaded-tap-connector/

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.
The water pressure is high enough to cause the adaptor to slide off the polished tap spout.
Are you making sure the metal band that you tighten is positioned at the top of the rubber part before you tighten it up? Also of course the tighter you can make it, the more pressure it will withstand before popping off!
Otherwise, if you can unscrew the aerator at the tip of the tap, you might find a screw on adaptor to fit, like this sort of thing: Indoor Threaded Tap Connector | Hozelock Ltd - https://www.hozelock.com/product/indoor-threaded-tap-connector/

Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately, we have been fastening it as tightly as we can, as high up as we can.

I will have a go at unscrewing the aerator and directly attach the pipe! I hope this works.

Reply to Tap attachment for countertop dishwasher pops off after 10-15 minutes in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue with the water pressure. Toward the end of last year the pressure had got worse. For instance, you could not run another tap in the house if a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock