Discuss Tank Cutters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wonkee17

Hello,

I am doing some research on tank cutters and was wondering if anyone could help me.

Has anyone had experience using a tank cutter before? If so, what have you used them for and how have you used them (i.e with a drill/ carpenters brace etc). For what task do you find tank cutters to be most useful?

Any information at all would be very helpful - thank you in anticipation! :smiley2:

has anyone had experience using a tank cutter before?

yes

if so, what have you used them for and how have you used them (i.e with a drill/ carpenters brace etc).

cutting holes for immersion heaters in copper cylinders, using a carpenters brace

for what task do you find tank cutters to be most useful?

as above.

They probably have a very limited use nowadays and have been superceeded by holesaws used in battery drills.

Last edited:
Send the apprentice up in the loft and tell him there's an extra £20 in your wage if you can drill and connect live and have it done before the tank drains down and you have to hold the ballvalve up with one hand.

Note 2: In addition, the holes cut in the cistern should not be made using the end of a heated piece of copper pipe to melt a hole through the wall of the cistern; as such a practice is likely to cause the surrounding plastic tank material to over time become brittle. This could result in a failure of the cistern at a latter date.

my bad lol... Mine have been okay so far... The chap who taught me was pretty old school plumber as well!

Hello,

I am doing some research on tank cutters and was wondering if anyone could help me.

Has anyone had experience using a tank cutter before? If so, what have you used them for and how have you used them (i.e with a drill/ carpenters brace etc). For what task do you find tank cutters to be most useful?

Any information at all would be very helpful - thank you in anticipation! :smiley2:

Wonkee,

Have you ever seen what one looks like ??? I used one for years, but why would you want to know

735151753_125.jpg this is a crap version of one , it had two cutters so you could
make lead washers, I am confused about your question this is in the history books

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tank Cutters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock