Search the forum,

Discuss Sorry: ecotech Pro 28 filling question.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

We’ve just moved into our new house. The boiler is an ecoTech Pro 28. Identical - or so I thought - to the one in our previous house. It was installed by British Gas two years ago and serviced a couple of mo the back.

I’ve run around the house and bled all the radiators, the pressure is now really much too low (0.7).

Our last boiler had a built-in fill loop behind the cabinet below it. I can’t find a loop anywhere for this one.

From reading on here, I gather I need to buy a loop, and then attach it below the boiler to fill it up. I’m sorry to ask (and I know this has been discussed here before), but can anyone guide me what I need to buy and where I need to temporarily attach it?

The pipework beneath mine doesn’t quite look the same as the other examples I’ve seen whilst researching on here..

Alternatively: if you’re based in Brighton and can help in person, I’m very happy to pay your time.

7D204889-9061-44CF-A34C-56740C1F20C2.jpeg

Unfortunately there’s nothing below the boiler: it’s all tiled in. There’s a cabinet directly below it, no false back or any way to access the pipes from inside there.

However, the kitchen (and tiling and cabinets) is ten years old, the boiler is two years old. I’d thought perhaps I just needed to hook a fill loop to two of the connections on the underside of the boiler (see previous photo). I’m guessing that’s not the case?

25FC87F3-17EB-4203-B4B1-A79D366D6EA3.jpeg

It absolutely is a tiled piece of wood.. it’s very securely attached to the rest of the wall though. Never mind, I hoped there was a workaround, guess we’ll start gently demoing!

Can you contact whoever serviced it?

You’ll be surprised at how many silly things like that we all hold in our heads; for instance Mrs Langbrooke’s barkeepers friend is behind the basket of spontex and micro fibre cloths, next to the brasso - and it probably needs replacing in the next couple of months...

panel isnt secure i bet if you lift it slightly above the wood trim it will come out if it was secure there wouldnt be sucha big gap on the left

Reply to Sorry: ecotech Pro 28 filling question.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock