Search the forum,

Discuss Someone got to start this one 🤔 in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning chaps sitting here watching the early morning news this cronavirus business is really getting a hold now , two families I know have had holiday's cancelled to Spain, this is going to effect us all personally and business wise I am lucky enough to have a shower upgrade a weeks work for a retired couple who are happy to have me in their home , then a full gas central heating job in a empty property to do so won't effect my work situation for the next 3 weeks or so. I have a elderly mother with asthma who lives alone who I am obviously conserved about she lives a 2 hour drive away and getting her to stay in will drive her stir crazy I am seriously considering bring her to stay with us for a month or so, how are you all coping with the problem ? Supermarket shelves are being stripped of basic essentials and I can see this getting worse your opinions please gentlemen. Keep well regards kop
Here we go again chaps back where we started in March i am bringing mum down today she wont cope another lockdown , gutted we now cant vist our new grandaughter it was all arranged for next weekend keep posting chap keep us all our sprits up and sane. Kind regards kop

Attachments

• 1604212572884207941118965226057.jpg
    1604212572884207941118965226057.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20201101-012933~2.png
    Screenshot_20201101-012933~2.png
    426.7 KB · Views: 13
It’s a load of bollocks in my opinion. I have a elderly relative who’s 95, she’s big into the church community and seems to know thousands of old folks....she’s regularly at funerals pre and post covid, strange how she’s not mentioned one Covid related death.

It’s a load of bollocks in my opinion. I have a elderly relative who’s 95, she’s big into the church community and seems to know thousands of old folks....she’s regularly at funerals pre and post covid, strange how she’s not mentioned one Covid related death.
There are people on this thread who have relatives who have Covid.

I’m not surprised...seems like since they started testing everyone, loads of people already have it and don’t even have any symptoms.

That is certainly true but it has still killed alot of vulnerable folks and your elderly relative who is a magnificent age may just be fortunate or not mentioned the fact that their deaths were Covid related. Besides the fact that she can't attend church or funeral during lockdown (limited attendance at least) respectfully she has probably outlived the majority of her friends anyway and well before the arrival of Covid.

Last edited:
That is certainly true but it has still killed alot of vulnerable folks and your elderly relative who is a magnificent age may just be fortunate or not mentioned the fact that their deaths were Covid related. Besides the fact that she can't attend church or funeral during lockdown (limited attendance at least) respectfully she has probably outlived the majority of her friends anyway and well before the arrival of Covid.

You know old woman are on the phone right? Constantly gossiping!

It just seems now all kids are back at school, BM bargains and Lidl is like Black Friday every day....Covid is out there and done it’s worsts.

I really do feel for those folk who hang off the governments every word. Anyway you make your point very well & cheers

Careful what you say Jim there are people on here who had family and friends who have died from covid the first lock down we as a family avoided it completely, but this second time we have had ten members of our extended family who have had it tested and diagnosed luckily they have all recovered, but this is not over by along way and sadly more innocent people will loose there lives before their time, 40 elderly people have contracted covid in a care home in Gorleston brought in a staff member who is now very unwell herself she is only in her late thirties, four of the staff members regularly visit Gregg's for coffees and food stuff where my wife works so obviously this is a worry. Keep well all kop

Last edited:

She may not have heard of or understands Covid.
She is a lucky one, pure luck or genetic luck that she is fit and well.
There are plenty of people dying 25 - 30 years younger than her.

You can, but really shouldn't use her for / as an example whether the Covid Virus exists.

My old man who smoked since he was 12 and died just over 20 years ago always used to say to his nagging kids that we shouldn't worry because he knew someone who had a 60 a day habit and lived to be 98. Unfortunately he wasn't one of those and died about 40 yrs short after coughing his lungs up into my lap and dying in my arms. He didn't die of Covid but he did die of a preventable disease and Covid is preventable if the necessary precautions are taken but there are always exceptions, always outliers.

I've just tested positive for COVID, gutted especially as I bought my elderly ma home this past year to keep her safe.

I've been utterly paranoid too, a third of the van is full of masks, shields, wipes, gels and sprays so take extra care out there.

I've just tested positive for COVID, gutted especially as I bought my elderly ma home this past year to keep her safe.

I've been utterly paranoid too, a third of the van is full of masks, shields, wipes, gels and sprays so take extra care out there.

Not good, stay safe 👍👍

Keep well. If it's any reassurance, a lady down the road, who is 100, has recently had flu or CovID-like symptoms and been poorly. She had a Covid test but something went wrong and they need to repeat the test. In any case, her son says she seems to be recovering.

My Niece's little boy age 2 has tested positive for covid he went for a long weekend to his fathers in Birmingham his partner became ill and after bringing him back to my niece and returning home they both got a test and were both positive, the little fella saw his nan and grandad my brother and they are now both positive 😠😠so two house holds are locked down funny thing is my niece the little fella mum has tested negative. ?? They haven't really got symptoms though but rules are 10 days in isolation. Cheers Kop

That's a s--t mate hope you soon get over it and mum stays safe , I have to get my mum Sunday as my brother and his wife have tested positive

Just got out of Hospital, blew a gasket Fri night/Sat morning and admitted myself as I had Covid pneumonia. OK now, a bit scrambled but I've been treated and now COVID free after a few days rest. If I post more Rubbish than usual thats my excuse. Good to be out and home.

Just got out of Hospital, blew a gasket Fri night/Sat morning and admitted myself as I had Covid pneumonia. OK now, a bit scrambled but I've been treated and now COVID free after a few days rest. If I post more Rubbish than usual thats my excuse. Good to be out and home.
Wow mate that turned nasty quickly, so glad you're now on the mend now you take care bud don't rush back to quickly, My family have had a few rough days but nothing like you . Kind regards Kop

Last edited:
Wow mate that turned nasty quickly, so glad you're now on the mend now you take care bud don't rush back to quickly, My family have had a few rough days but nothing like you . Kind regards Kop
Tbh mate now I can assess with calm head I was well past the worst of it as my stats showed the hospital...as they were struggling to find a reason to admit me but my BP was off the charts so they wanted to keep in for observation and treat me for Coronvirus pneumonia by default. So not not as serious as I made it sound initially plus I was a bit desperate to get out of the house as we have a mix of positives and neg covids and the stress had escalated. Three days out to recover, reaccess and plan was most welcome although I felt a wee bit guilty of taking a bed.

Tbh mate now I can assess with calm head I was well past the worst of it as my stats showed the hospital...as they were struggling to find a reason to admit me but my BP was off the charts so they wanted to keep in for observation and treat me for Coronvirus pneumonia by default. So not not as serious as I made it sound initially plus I was a bit desperate to get out of the house as we have a mix of positives and neg covids and the stress had escalated. Three days out to recover, reaccess and plan was most welcome although I felt a wee bit guilty of taking a bed.
Bloody hell pal , sorry I haven’t followed this one , glad you are on the mend .
This is scary stuff , literally 5 mins ago my neighbour just text and told me its just killed his mum , me and herin doors are bloody gutted .
The next retard I get on Facebook saying its “ nowt” will get a right slating

Started this thread in march 2020 and alot of us have been affected family members falling ill with the virus some even loosing loved ones ❤️ , my own brother was hospitalised only this week he has covid phumonia and is very unwell 🤞 he gets well soon , my mother's mental health has suffered terribly and she's with us again and has been for two weeks each time I bring her to stay she's gone down hill its heart breaking to see I have talked to her doctor on the phone and she has a appointment in the new year for a full mot but I fear she will not be able to take care of herself much longer which will be challenging, these restrictions brought in to help guard against the new more infectious variant make it difficult aswell I have a new little granddaughter I haven't been able to see yet because their in a higher tier saying that we are now all in tier 4 😠, I would like to say there's light at the end of the tunnel but I think there's some tough times ahead for us all. Stay well keeps safe keep your loved one close and pray we all come out the other side. Regards kop

I think things will get tougher before it improves. Wifes uncle, although it was heart failure, has been written up as covid pneumonia and no funeral until January 11th.
The new variant is 16 miles up the road, according to the news last night.
On the plus side the wife can give her mother a cuddle in the nursing home now they have the rapid testing up an running.

Stay as safe as you can and maybe enjoy a bit of downtime.

Just wanna add some practical advice regarding Covid/any virus. I’m a big believer in building a strong immune system through a healthy diet and regular exercise. This means dragging yourself outta bed and hitting the road for 5 miles or dare I say it, saying no to that bacon roll on occasion! Do this three times a week and have a better chance at beating Covid. Let’s face it...who can afford to keep self isolated when every man and his dog has a separate rule...certain industries being discriminated against. Goal post moving every day, I know old folks on my street who ain’t been out the house since March bless um...probably sat at home terrified watching BBC news. I ain’t taking the vaccine, neither are my parents, this is just our family beliefs.

Just wanna add some practical advice regarding Covid/any virus. I’m a big believer in building a strong immune system through a healthy diet and regular exercise. This means dragging yourself outta bed and hitting the road for 5 miles or dare I say it, saying no to that bacon roll on occasion! Do this three times a week and have a better chance at beating Covid. Let’s face it...who can afford to keep self isolated when every man and his dog has a separate rule...certain industries being discriminated against. Goal post moving every day, I know old folks on my street who ain’t been out the house since March bless um...probably sat at home terrified watching BBC news. I ain’t taking the vaccine, neither are my parents, this is just our family beliefs.
All well and good, and agree a healthy immune system is always a good thing to have, and agree we cannot all self-isolate totally when the rules aren't always logical. That said, we can avoid un-necessary contact and putting ourselves and others at increased risk.

That said, this virus does not always appear to affect the people you would expect most, though obviously there is some correlation. To give examples, I know an over-85-year old who recently caught Covid and has been almost asymptomatic. His wife appears to be immune despite living in a household of infected people and having various chronic issues. His sons in their 40s are unwell but at home.

By contrast, two people I know in their 70s and in rugged good health (both still working on a self-employed basis in manual trades) have died from Covid in the last week. One had a brother whose general health and fitness are generally worse but, contrary to what you would expect, the brother suffered no worse than from a mild flu.

I WILL be taking the vaccine as soon as it is available because my personal belief is that the vaccine may help keep me out of hospital and keep a bed free for others and because I'm hoping the vaccine will make it likely that I will not then pass the disease on to others.

Quick update on my situation my brother is one of the unfortunate ones its looking like he has the longer version of covid and is still unwell after 14 days , mums mental health has not improved at all this time and I have now had to bring her back home and try and get some medical help this I'd proving difficult but I have a appointment on the 4th of January so I will need to stay with her in the short term not a great start to a new year . Regards kop

Quick update on my situation my brother is one of the unfortunate ones its looking like he has the longer version of covid and is still unwell after 14 days , mums mental health has not improved at all this time and I have now had to bring her back home and try and get some medical help this I'd proving difficult but I have a appointment on the 4th of January so I will need to stay with her in the short term not a great start to a new year . Regards kop
Sorry to hear that mate. But at least she is with you. Hope he gets better soon

Reply to Someone got to start this one 🤔 in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock