Discuss Solid fuel back boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I'm looking for a bit of advice. I need to get five radiators from this stove 3 upstairs and 2 downstairs I don't need to go to a hot water tank and I have no header tank for the system so I'm hoping I can just have a circuit or 2 for rads only I have 1 grundfos pump but can get another if 2 circuits are required. I've got no problem pipe fitting the rads I'm just wondering if I need to use all the ports on the stove or can I cap 2 off and have 1 circuit. Any advice as to whether I need a vent, prv, expansion vessel or anything else would be great. Cheers guys. Rob

1506854137122183215721.jpg

For your safety and the safety of others within a 300 metre radius, I would not cap off any of the ports on the back of that stove.

I've never seen or installed one, but can only assume from the existing piping, how it is configured inside the unit.

Capping any ports will cause major heartache the first time it is fired up.

Be vary careful if you don't know what you are doing!!!!

For your safety and the safety of others within a 300 metre radius, I would not cap off any of the ports on the back of that stove.

I've never seen or installed one, but can only assume from the existing piping, how it is configured inside the unit.

I thought this would be the case. Should I use the old hot water tank feed for upstairs on a pump and the rads feed for downstairs on a separate pump.

Bobby , I am all for helping people trying to save money and do a bit of DIY , but please no no no .

I'm not a diyer I've been pipe fitting 15 years in the refrigeration and air conditioning industry and also do mechanical and domestic plumbing through my work. I am well aware of the dangers of a solid fuel stove. I will ask my plumber friend on site next week to produce a drawing for me which i will follow exactly. That is what I was after really a little drawing to follow, as I'm not a moron I think I'll be able to do it I was just after a schematic really.

No. No. No. Takes more than a little drawing. It's not a diy job. Pipefitting and refrigeration means sfa. Embrace your limitations and get somebody in.

you need to know what your doing as the lads have said, else it will kill you also you need to be hetas registered

i would keep it open vent with a steel f and e tank

central_heating_stove.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solid fuel back boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and...
Replies
Views
A bit of an unusual topic, as these are very rare in the UK. I went back to Poland to commission, test and tune the 20kW solid fuel boiler and...
Replies
Views
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated...
Replies
Views
Hi Have a 4 port solid fuel back boiler, is the any disadvantages of capping two of the ports off, (eg top left bottom right) then using it as a...
Replies
Views
Hi My grandmothers property has a back boiler heated by a solid fuel appliance using coal. Yes, I know. She’s stubborn! Unfortunately the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock