Search the forum,

Discuss So Mrs Three Minute to get hot water... LCV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howsie

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Turns out that she was given the option of a secondary return (circulator) but it was an extra £1,200 and they decided that they'd be happy to wait for the extra seconds. There is some debate as to how long the water would take to come though but it sheds a completely different light on the situation.

Bloody custards!

I don't know why I'm sounding so surprised.

1200 ?? Sounds very steep, not much to install one when your doing the cylinder

Four story house, copper, pump, controls, fittings, labour. Doesn't sound too steep to me TBH.

It is always nice to hear the other side of the story. I am sure many were assuming the plumber had tucked her up and done a poor job. Turns out she just didn't want to pay to have it done correctly.

What a shocker. Is that what your mate found out??

Yep. Had a long call with her on the phone and she wanted to get him around. Fair play to him, he got it out of her on the phone eventually. Six of one, half a dozen of the other by the sound of it.

Hope your mate charges her over the £1200 then.

LOL - he's not going to get involved. She wants a magic solution when she had the opportunity to pay for it to be done right in the first place.

There is an argument ongoing about the length of time between the two options. Judging by her comments on here, that will go one for some time.

I fancy winding her up but I guess we shouldnt

I'm sure it's the same person who had loads of threads about everything from rad valves to cylinders.
Then just got a builder to fit anything with a Vaillant boiler

I had thought of advising her to buy a tap that has massive flow through it, so to speed up the hot water coming. My intention wasn't to take the mickey, but might be good to tell her that now.
Maybe suggest the hot pipe brought up to the sink level and a full flow lever valve on it? :smile:

Last edited:
Massive waste of water though... but she probably deserves a huge water bill for being such a knob.

It could get interesting to see if she replies to Howsies recent post asking her how it worked out with his plumber mate. Bet she won't reveal everything.

If any of you post that link on her thread you'll be getting a stern looking at.....

Don't say I didn't warn you...

****, I just did. Could you delete it for me if you don't like my style?

/bows and walks backwards!

If any of you post that link on her thread you'll be getting a stern looking at.....

Ah your no fun tonight, can`t you toddle off to the lodge for an hour or two?

lol

We are going to be two faced - nice friendly, helpful, unknowing face to her, on her thread and the real us on here.

what about a good whipping?

If you see the other post about the drain, I think that lcv just wants any reason to put blame on the plumber

If you see the other post about the drain, I think that lcv just wants any reason to put blame on the plumber

/ shift the blame

It's one of those things isn't it she mightve been poorly advised but I know Damm well that if I was spending thousands of pounds on a project I would do my research. Yes there are some rogue traders out there but I bet there are a damsite more that aren't. I know you can't force the customer to have XY and Z to make it the perfect install but I do think a lot of Installers fall down in not explaining them selves to customers and then you get problems like this. To be fair it does sound more like the customer is trying to cut corners here but I still think the plumber could've pushed his case for the secondary circuit

Last edited:
It's one of those things isn't it she mightve been poorly advised but I know Damm well that if I was spending thousands of pounds on a project I would do my research. Yes there are some rogue traders out there but I bet there are a damsite more that aren't. I know you can't force the customer to have XY and Z to make it the perfect install but I do think a lot of Installers fall down in not explaining them selves to customers and then you get problems like this. To be fair it does sound more like the customer is trying to cut corners here but I still think the plumber could've pushed his case for the secondary circuit
he can't speak English now

Communication will always be lacking if you can't actually speak the same language as your customer. This particular one just stinks of unrealistic customer expectations compared to budget

Communication will always be lacking if you can't actually speak the same language as your customer. This particular one just stinks of unrealistic customer expectations compared to budget

or changing design after agreed and not willing to change there budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to So Mrs Three Minute to get hot water... LCV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock