Discuss slow draining shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brotey

Hi, we have recently had a new shower installed and the water is very slow draining, we are ending up with water round our ankles, we find the only way to stop it overflowing over the tray is to keep turning the shower off through showering and letting the water drain which isn't ideal, any ideas?

How about calling back the person who installed it, as clearly there is something wrong with the waste, unless you have a very large shower head??
What can we tell you on here apart from the two choices :-
1. increase the flow out of the tray along the waste pipes.
2. decrease the amount of water coming out of the shower & going into the tray.

Hi Chris

Yes we have a very large shower head, is this generally a problem?

No, not if the person installing it, sized the drain to suit the flow rate of the shower valve & head, if not then yes.
Get them back to fix it if it is not working correctly, you have paid for it.

Thanks for your help Chris, I will get plumber back, just wanted to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to slow draining shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock