Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss siezed tap cover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kam_2009

Hi All,

I'm trying to replaced the washer in a Danton Belle Tapset. Unfortunatley the cover has completley siezed on the thread and I am unable to muscle or get the fitting off. Methods tried thus far have been:

1. Muscling it off (epic fail)
2. Using a degreaser (fail)
3. Heating the cover with a cigarrette lighter. (fail, and managed to burn my finger)

The fitting is spherical (see link) with no access/allen key pins or points to gain leverage with a spanner/shifter.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can approach removing the cover?
Cheers,
Kam

havnt followed link cam, cos i didnt see it, however if its spherical sounds like it should unscrew! decent pair of footprints on it should do the job, but will wreck the tap finish!
try your wd40 every 12 hours, after a week give it another go?

shaun

Heat it with a proper lamp, use WD40 and give it a light tap with a piece of wood (hammer handle) to try and "jar" the cap loose

by proper lamp i assume you mean parafine fired ?

Steve I will have you know that some dinosaurs do move with the times, I started out with a Primus paraffin Blowlamp, but moved to a propane gas torch a proper one with a hose to a small cylinder, not the clip on abominations, that when you turn them upside down the flame goes all soft yellow and smoky, that DIY'ers so love

Use a rubber glove to get a hand grip - if you are not strong enough use stillsons/pupm pliers - the rubber will grip and protect the chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to siezed tap cover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock