Discuss Shower only has luke warm water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bounce97

Hi. I have a problem with my shower that whenever a bath is run and the shower is used shortly afterwards only luke warm water comes through the shower, no matter how high we turn the temperature up. This can last a few days, but does usually right itself after a few days of fiddling with the controls and hot water comes through again. We generally try to avoid running baths and showering at the same time, but this is not always possible. Any suggestions what could causing the problem and how to fix it?

what sort of shower do you have?

It's a free standing shower enclosure, temperature gauges etc all fitted to the enclosure. Unsure of make or model as the unit was already fitted before we moved.

What hot water heating system do you have?

I've had this problem before and it turned out that customer didn't have the hot water heater on for long enough to fill the cylinder, half the cylinder was luke warm. The bath uses all the hot water and because the whole cylinder isn't full of hot water it takes days to get it to a decent temperature again.

If its a cylinder system then as Paulus says, running a hot bath will deplete the hot water stored in the cylinder and will take time to heat up again.

Options are to get an electric shower, which heats the water as it flows through the unit.

Or get a rapid recovery cylinder which will heat up faster.

If its a cylinder system then as Paulus says, running a hot bath will deplete the hot water stored in the cylinder and will take time to heat up again.

Options are to get an electric shower, which heats the water as it flows through the unit.

Or get a rapid recovery cylinder which will heat up faster.

Yes it is a cylinder system and I think the way forward may be replacing with an electric shower. My concern is that sometimes the shower is without warm water for a week or so, but when fiddling with the shower controls, suddenly hot water comes through again, as if there is a blockage somewhere.

Do the controls feel like they move something inside positively, I'm just wondering if the handles have become loose and are not always actually moving the valves inside.

A bit of a shot in the dark but it may be worth dismantling it to see if filters on feeds are partially blocked.

Some showers have thermostatic mixer valves which should regulate the temperature and it could be that is on its way out. I have never really serviced one, but I think they have a unit which you replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower only has luke warm water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock