Discuss should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the OP

Easy solution.
Ring both the plumber and the GSR who signed it off and telll them you are going to ring Gas Safe and ask for an inspection (the will do that for free).
If thy are wise, their rses will start twitching and they will be round sharpish to get you sorted.

3amazuhy.jpg
Just seen pictures . Fault 1 flue is too close to air vent, if bricks are 73 or 65mm the did stance is less than 300mm. Page 6 of boiler guide I think? Distance to opening or vent from a flue.

Fault 2 no eath on meter outlet.

Fault 3 flue looks to be poorly fitted into boiler and not sealed to brickwork.

Pipe work missing a few clips and it's very close to your electrics but they are less important.

I would anticipate that all ga safe would do is send installer a ncs letter and invite the 'plumber ' to join gas safe.

The flue and thermostat will require a gas safe engineer . Earth is a sparks job or qualified gas fitter.

You could remove air brick and replace with bricks or cement it over (looks poor tho)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure on electrical regs as seems too many conflicting opinions so have always handed all over to the sparks they have the knowledge and right kit .
I was told you need part p but then to be copliant with part p you also need to be 17th edition and then electrical testing so really not sure just avoid and pass it on !

3amazuhy.jpg
Just seen pictures . Fault 1 flue is too close to air vent, if bricks are 73 or 65mm the did stance is less than 300mm. Page 6 of boiler guide I think? Distance to opening or vent from a flue.

Fault 2 no eath on meter outlet.

Fault 3 flue looks to be poorly fitted into boiler and not sealed to brickwork.

Pipe work missing a few clips and it's very close to your electrics but they are less important.

I would anticipate that all ga safe would do is send installer a ncs letter and invite the 'plumber ' to join gas safe.

The flue and thermostat will require a gas safe engineer . Earth is a sparks job or qualified gas fitter.

You could remove air brick and replace with bricks or cement it over (looks poor tho)
I feel like ripping it all out and just open another bottle of wine!

Whereabouts are you? It's all very well commenting on pictures but there's nothing like seeing the installation in the flesh.

OK, so you saved a couple of hundred quid - (you've had more than a couple if hundred quids worth of advice for free fom here :) )

The plumber clearly isn't prepared to listen to you , so follow Tamz's advice above - it wont cost you a penny, AND will ensure you get a fully compliant system

If they don't fix it ALL within 7 days, then refuse them future access and spend the couple of hundred quite with a GSR fitter from this website, and I'm sure they'll put it right for you.

You'll then sleep well at night ( a couple of bottles of wime will do that too :) )

OK, so you saved a couple of hundred quid - (you've had more than a couple if hundred quids worth of advice for free fom here :) )

The plumber clearly isn't prepared to listen to you , so follow Tamz's advice above - it wont cost you a penny, AND will ensure you get a fully compliant system

If they don't fix it ALL within 7 days, then refuse them future access and spend the couple of hundred quite with a GSR fitter from this website, and I'm sure they'll put it right for you.

You'll then sleep well at night ( a couple of bottles of wime will do that too :) )
I didnt want them to know that i was getting it checked though, i dont want any trouble and i know they will cause some.
Anyway all ....thanks for your free service, i will go and sleep my wine off now.:wink5:

I didnt want them to know that i was getting it checked though, i dont want any trouble and i know they will cause some.
Anyway all ....thanks for your free service, i will go and sleep my wine off now.:wink5:

At the end of the day you've not been given the service you should've Baileys.

NONE OF THIS IS YOUR FAULT! Please don't blame yourself. You're more knowledge on heating systems now than you had a few days ago. But that's only because your gut said it was wrong and you were right to listen to it.

Post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL] and link back to this thread.

You need someone in who knows what they're doing!

At the end of the day you've not been given the service you should've Baileys.

NONE OF THIS IS YOUR FAULT! Please don't blame yourself. You're more knowledge on heating systems now than you had a few days ago. But that's only because your gut said it was wrong and you were right to listen to it.

Post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL] and link back to this thread.

You need someone in who knows what they're doing!
Thanks croppie, i sort of know its not my fault but it sometimes feels like it.
My plan is to get a gas engineer to have a good look at the system and to tell me, in his opinion if all is ok, i am worried because my plumber seems to be only abide by the rules he likes so i dont feel save with this gas at the moment.
Someone has told me of a plumber that they have known for a long time so if he is gas safe then i will see if he can pop in, if not then i will do as you say and post it on here.
Once i know exactly what and if there are any flaws in my plumbers work...other than the obvious.. then i will have more confidence to confront him.

My plumber still insists that he is allowed legally to hang a boiler, put in the flue and connect the wet pipes when he is not a GSE but leave the connection to someone that is. He said he can because he has done a coarse on boilers.......i thought you had to be a GSE to do all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock