Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Shortest Notice Ever To Start A Job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Potential customer phoned me this afternoon.

Her - "Please can you help me, I've had to fire the plumber who was doing our bathroom installation as he was standing on our toilet and managed to break it away from the floor, screws and all. We now have a toilet, bath and basin that we need installed ASAP."

Me - "That sounds terrible. When do you need it done by??"

Her - "Monday..."

Me - "Sorry, don't think we are going to be able to help you with that. Best of luck finding someone though!"

What? You're not going to do it?

Cancel everything and get it done

As you don't know her from Adam its your duty, you owe her.

I'd give the offer of cancelling all your booked In work and doing it for 2x standard weekend rate

Did you ask if he was installing the bath or the basin whilst standing on the toilet? Something doesn`t ring true here.

To be honest I just wasn't interested. Never interested in taking on jobs where other tradespeople have been 'sacked' from. It usually means trouble!

To be honest I just wasn't interested. Never interested in taking on jobs where other tradespeople have been 'sacked' from. It usually means trouble!

Bang on Croft, I also won't 2nd fix someone outside of my company's 1st fix work as always trouble!

should have told them you can bring a bucket around on loan until monday for a tenner!!

should have told them you can bring a bucket around on loan until monday for a tenner!!

If that includes delivery, plus the bucket, & cleaning of your bucket on collection then your offering a great deal to your customers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shortest Notice Ever To Start A Job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock