Search the forum,

Discuss Short 'P' trap. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
Went to replace a bath today only to find out that the plug hole is about 60mm closer to the waste pipe outlet than on the old bath. The waste pipe can't be cut back due to a swept tee coming out of the brickwork which splits for the basin waste.
The original trap was a standard shallow 'P' trap as in the picture.
Problem is the part of the trap that connects to the waste pipe is too long and hits the tee when the bath is about 40mm out from the wall.
So, does anyone know of a shorter trap (length, not height) ?
trap.jpg

Went to replace a bath today only to find out that the plug hole is about 60mm closer to the waste pipe outlet than on the old bath. The waste pipe can't be cut back due to a swept tee coming out of the brickwork which splits for the basin waste.
The original trap was a standard shallow 'P' trap as in the picture.
Problem is the part of the trap that connects to the waste pipe is too long and hits the tee when the bath is about 40mm out from the wall.
So, does anyone know of a shorter trap (length, not height) ?
View attachment 21117

Can you not use the trap but angle it away and run pipe atound and connect to existing pipework that way??

Failing that use one of them flexi jobbys from b and q

Another option could be use a Mcalpine SM10 bath trap which is good for a tight spot and get yourself a mcalpine flexicon 6 40mm short flexi waste pipe to connect
i find where your shallow Q10 trap doesn't work this option get me out of the proverbial..
good luck. Ps I don't work for mcalpine there just the best !!

Cheers Kev, I was thinking that I may have to angle the trap and tee into the pipe further down, didn't really want to though as I'd rather have the waste running straight out, with less fittings to fail in time.
Yeah wiggers, I agree with you on McAlpine products.
I'll take the trap to a couple of merchants on Monday and if they have nothing shorter I'll be opting for the above method.
Cheers guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Short 'P' trap. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock