Discuss Shared or dedicated waste pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jez5577

Hi all, first post on here so hello everybody! :) We're about to start fitting a bathroom on the first floor at the rear of our house. It's a Victorian terraced house so has an external soil stack on the rear wall which conveniently travels down the outside of the new bathroom wall. However, not sure if we should / can tee the bath, shower and basin waste into a single waste pipe (maybe a larger diameter waste like 50mm?) so that just one waste pipe goes through the wall and into the stack, which would keep the stack looking tidier which we'd prefer, or should we really run a dedicated waste for each all the way into the stack? Would be grateful for any thoughts / suggestions, thanks!

the thing with teeing in something like a bath which has a large volume of water to discharge, into a pipe which has a sink with a low volume of water to discharge but from a height into a shower tarp which has low volume of water and a very shallow trap is that one or more of the above appliances can if too much fall is applied can suck the water from any of the other traps.

I would tee the basin in to the shower but i would keep the fall of the basin pipe as low as possibe so as to prevent any vacuum effect.

I would leave the bath on its own pipe.

Anyhow thats how i would do it!

edit note: bigger pipes may mean you can reduce the fall but not by too much though

I agree keep the wastes seperate from each other. nothing worse than gargling from the sink everytime you empty the bath.

if you tee any two together use anti vac traps or hepvo valves. Idealy keep them seperate or upscale the pipe size.

OK thanks all for the suggestions... seems like the consensus is that we should try and run dedicated wastes so we'll endeavour to do just that! Ta :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shared or dedicated waste pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, grateful for any advice I need to connect a dishwasher waste water outflow pipe 25mm to 50mm waste pipe. Is there a joining piece anyone can...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all I am just after a bit of advice. I'm buying a new house with a downstairs bathroom. I can not see a vent pipe on the outside of the...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into...
Replies
Views
I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock